Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Guys wearing weight belts no matter what exercise.....

Crying Brian said:
There are guys at my gym that uses a belt when doing bi's and tri's, shoulders, as well as chest with a weight belt. I am curious to why the hell they would do that. It is just pissing me off,lol.

I wear mine almost always whlie in the gym. It's off when I do abs and cardio of course but nearby where I can see it. When I wear it but don't need it it is buckled loosely. The main reason is that the gyms I have been members of have had sticky fingered members for as long as I can remember.

Curiosity is one thing: you should ask those people politely why to get your answer. The other thing is not to get pissed off at that and focus on what you are doing in the gym. :verygood:

HumanTarget said:
I love it. People on the outside don't realize how cerebral lifting is, and this just bolsters my point. Something as simple as a weight belt can get numerous posts and a wide range of opinions. I said it once and i'll say it again, no mag on the planet can compare to this place.

Oh I love it too. It's like clockwork. No matter what the discussion, how much information is being shared, you'll always get someone who'll post up some vast generalization on the subject for no other reason than to make themselves sound intelligent.

Well done.

cockdesiel said:
thanx , I couldnt have said better. FYI , I WEAR A BELT and I put it on when I get to my body weight 240. I'm not a bodybuilder or powerlifter, but I train like both and I'M JUST AS STRONG OR STRONGER than most of you that aprofess to be powerlifters. The back is a fragile instrument and is not meant to carry excess loads such as we are describing, especially during squats,deads,curling and benching. There is nothing wrong with being careful and protecting the lower back region. Who says that wearing a belt diminishes core strength ........that a bunch of shit. Heres a brief glance of my current stats: 6'2ft 240lb 10%fat 31yr.old /4 yr serious training...oh and drug free,just creatine and good old steak and potatoes
ez curl preacher/ 210 1x6 ,1x4
deads(full)/ 660 1x6, 1x4
front squat (free weight) not the smith machine(ass to heels baby)/460 2x6
full squat/625 2x6
flat bench/495 2x6
ab crunch machine/250(entire stack) plus 45lb plate
yeah right....... my core strength is steadily diminishing as I'm typing this :p

jahahahahjajhaa

Ok, so thats a

powerlifting squat of about 750, bench press of 550, and a deadlift of 700, totalling 2000, thus putting you at elite. Ah, and that without equipment, just a belt, and having trained for 4 years jahajhahajhahjajha, man thats some funny shit.

congrats bro, thats one of the biggest bullshit Ive ever heard.

unless you happen to be a powerlifter, and have vids, stop writing bullcrap. I swear Ill eat my words if you show vids, other than that, pfffff. Of course, I dont know you, and maybe you are a powerlifter (if so tell me your name and surname) or an olympic lifter, then respect to you, but other than that, stop trying to look like the strong guy who uses his pseudo lifts to show he is right

and yes, those that wear belts are kidding themselves. Where on earth did you get "the back is fragile" from?probably where you got your lift claims too, seriously you are funny.

Do you know that the guys in the 30's did this lift called the back lift, where they were lifting OVER 1000 pounds. No, belts, no suits no nothing. The back is fragile if you train it to be fragile. Squat, deadlift and olympic lift without a damn belt and you will have a VERY strong back. As a matter of fact, where do you lift the most? in exercises that involve the back; deadlit, rows and squats (in which you use all of your back to stabilise the barbell)

enough of this, dont want to waste my time no more.

Wynn said:
I wear mine almost always whlie in the gym. It's off when I do abs and cardio of course but nearby where I can see it. When I wear it but don't need it it is buckled loosely. The main reason is that the gyms I have been members of have had sticky fingered members for as long as I can remember.

Curiosity is one thing: you should ask those people politely why to get your answer. The other thing is not to get pissed off at that and focus on what you are doing in the gym. :verygood:

Ok, so why even bring it to the gym on the days besides back and legs?

cockdesiel said:
thanx , I couldnt have said better. FYI , I WEAR A BELT and I put it on when I get to my body weight 240. I'm not a bodybuilder or powerlifter, but I train like both and I'M JUST AS STRONG OR STRONGER than most of you that aprofess to be powerlifters. The back is a fragile instrument and is not meant to carry excess loads such as we are describing, especially during squats,deads,curling and benching. There is nothing wrong with being careful and protecting the lower back region. Who says that wearing a belt diminishes core strength ........that a bunch of shit. Heres a brief glance of my current stats: 6'2ft 240lb 10%fat 31yr.old /4 yr serious training...oh and drug free,just creatine and good old steak and potatoes
full squat/625 2x6
flat bench/495 2x6
yeah right....... my core strength is steadily diminishing as I'm typing this :p

bullshit!!!!!!!!
here are your one rep maxes according to your lifts
dead 793
squat 750 WITHOUT A SUIT
bench 595 WITHPUT a shirt
youre so full of shit its not funny
thats a 2138 total dude you could diet a little and win any federation you enter..and you can do all your lifts raw :rolleyes:

cockdesiel said:
full squat/625 2x6
flat bench/495 2x6
BULLSHIT!

wnt2bBeast said:
bullshit!!!!!!!!
here are your one rep maxes according to your lifts
dead 793
squat 750 WITHOUT A SUIT
bench 595 WITHPUT a shirt
youre so full of shit its not funny
thats a 2138 total dude you could diet a little and win any federation you enter..and you can do all your lifts raw :rolleyes:

yup, i looked it up and you're right... total bullshit.
plus, cockdiesel... if the back is a delicate instrument not meant to carry heavy loads, you'r deadlifting as much as the top powerlifters in the country who do it equipt. not only did you contradict yourself, but you lied. no damn way.
btw, the person in your avatar does not squat or dead that much.

cockdesiel said:
full squat/625 2x6
flat bench/495 2x6

deadlifting 660 raw for reps at your height is very impressive!!

could you post a link to a vid to some of your lifts bro. you can send me the vids and i'll get them hosted if you need :)

Top Bottom