Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Good Workout Shorts?

Night Fly

Alright girls...here is my dilemma.

I am going to TX in a week and it is MUCHO hot there. I need to get some workout shorts/tops that I won't die in because I will be training outside 99% of the time. Any suggestions for me? Also...for all you runners out there...what kind of shorts do you run in that don't bunch up between the thighs? I can't stand it when my shorts do that and I don't run much now because I dont' have any shorts that DON'T do it!!! :mad:

I'm getting frustrated. Can you all help me?

Night Fly: You have the same problem that I do...my legs rub together...hate it.

You could always get some spandex shorts...but they might just make it that much hotter when you train.

B True

Spatts...Don't think I will be wearing crazee pants anytime soon, but the russell athletic shorts sound like they would be a good bet. I've never been a fan of elastic waist...only if they aren't too tight! :)

B true...I don't really mind spandex except for the squeezing around my waist...it gets really annoying sometimes.

The tightness MIGHT help with some compression of the hips...which is good for nearly every strongman exercise.

B True

I'm the queen of chafe.

I run only in tights made of some kind of wicking material. You should be able to find some that reach your knees. I saw in the other post that you are, um, thifty when it comes to clothes, so you may have to forgo the wicking material. I have a couple of pairs of tight-like shorts that don't wick - you can get them cheap at the 'mega marts.' I haven't had a problem with them squeezing me.

Everlast shorts! I hate stuff too tight around my waist & they are elastic all the way up - but no waist band around my middle. Tight enough that they don't bunch when I run (although they won't stay put when I bike).

I would definitely get some dri-fit technology clothing for training outdoors in the heat. I have some from Nike & Addidas - & it is a huge difference wearing cotton & spandex fabrics, vs. the high-tech sweat-wicking fabric. Not cheap, but worth it.

Top Bottom