Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gloves, straps or chalk?

Feel like I hit a nerve here lol. I can live with the rough hands, it's just the fact I have sweaty ass hands especially with it getting warmer and my gym having no air con. I'm not a powerlifter or a bodybuilder just someone trying to gain a bit of weight and get in better shape, thanks for some of the advice anyway guys.

I like throwing chalk all over the bar right before i hand it over to someone using gloves. Sometimes I put my ammonia in my chalk bag and snort is so people wonder if its really chalk in the bag. My wife doesn't like it when my hands cut her skin either but that's why i don't listen to her. We have a legal document so she has to deal with it.

Rofl

Arnold's advice to train without straps or gloves. It not only increases your grip but allows your forearms to grow in size as well.

never knew arnold preached that but he knew his shit. not enough people give him credit for his knowledge of fitness.. they think its all about his genetics and steroids. bullshit.. the guy knew what he was doing, he was born for this. he is a victim of playing too many dumb movie roles fitting the dumb bb image, but in real life the guy was brilliant.

never knew arnold preached that but he knew his shit. not enough people give him credit for his knowledge of fitness.. they think its all about his genetics and steroids. bullshit.. the guy knew what he was doing, he was born for this. he is a victim of playing too many dumb movie roles fitting the dumb bb image, but in real life the guy was brilliant.

True. His bodybuilding encyclopaedia speaks for itself.
Brilliant book.

^^^ he was around at the perfect time too.. golden age of bodybuilding. when they depended on their training, knowledge and diets and not on GH, slin, and hormones. used hormones as the icing on the cake, not as the crust and filling if you get what i'm saying.

Thanks for the post below Stevesmi.

I started wearing gloves when I got back into lifting, mainly so my hands didnt get all torn up for my job.

I was experiencing very bad pain and weakness in my forearms and my wrists.

Because of the post I said what the hell give it a try without gloves. After a month without gloves. I have not had a problem since then. I am amazed that the gloves could have been holding back my forearm development.

I cant figure out why, but just passing it along.

Gary

none of the above. not trying to stir shit up so if you are sensitive then don't read the rest of my post ..

i used to wear gloves and my forearms and wrists didn't develop like the rest of my arm, so i ditched the gloves and now my forearms are huge.

i wouldn't call people who use gloves sissy's but it is newbish and it will become a handicap for you when you try to lift without them.

ironically it was on this very board a couple years back where we had a thread like this where everyone said to ditch the gloves, i never wore gloves back in the day but started wearing them for the sole purpose of not getting callouses, not a very good reason to wear them and i ditched them.

chalk you don't need either, just wipe your hands and the bar before lifting. if your palms and the bar are dry it won't do anything if you put chalk on except make an unnecessary mess.. and if you get sweaty palms then put chalk its just gonna stick to you and make a mess all over your clothes and you will have to put more chalk.. the guys that use chalk are always throwing on even more chalk for a reason.. cause it doesn't do shit unless you keep chalking up over and over!!! hence why chalk is banned in most non ghetto gyms..

straps you could make an arguement for but i have never had a need for them and I deadlift over 550. (got a hiatal hernia from it too) .. so lessen your weight and improve your form rather than trying to pull or push heavy weight with shitty form. you won't need straps if you do that

the only thing i take with me to the gym is my bottled water and headphones, only cause the music they play at the gym is atrociously bad. the original golds gym back in the day music was BANNED in the gym. you went there to lift weights period. now you got these young kids taking gloves, straps, wraps, belts, chalk, and half of the sports store with them and spending half their time socializing and hitting on every petite girl in there talking about how wasted they got the night before. I'm lucky though cause the gym i go to has very few douchebags in it, most of the guys are serious.

Top Bottom