Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gloves, straps or chalk?

My workout partner said he might bring gloves next week on deadlift day. I almost ended our relationship right there. Like everything I've been telling him has gone through one ear and out the other. I told him i will not go to the gym with him if he ever wears gloves. MTFU or STFU. As for straps, I see the point in using them to hook both hands over if you've had some bicep injuries or if your in a freaking strongman comp and its allowed since your wrecking your grip all day.

I like 2 use straps or gloves every once in a while my hands r so rough I can't even yank it. Also my wife hates it on Her tits sometimes they just rnt rough idk I guess it depends on my training split. Them bItches get gross sometimes

Sent from my SCH-I400 using EliteFitness

straps are only for the last set of your heaviest lifts if you're a bodybuilder. If your're a powerlifter dont't ever use straps unless your doing like 120% or more of your 1rm. gloves are for bitches and if you wear them don't call yourself a weight lifter. Chalk is a MUST for powerlifters, and anyone who wants a solid grip. Who cares if you have to re apply chalk its like $1 for a block, and it will help your lifts more than you know. I'm currently all natural and I can dumbbell row 200 pound dumbells for 8-12 reps with chalk only about 4 reps without because my hands sweat and i lose grip. I weight 210 pounds. with chalk I deadlift 530+ without chalk I deadlift about 505.

I like throwing chalk all over the bar right before i hand it over to someone using gloves. Sometimes I put my ammonia in my chalk bag and snort is so people wonder if its really chalk in the bag. My wife doesn't like it when my hands cut her skin either but that's why i don't listen to her. We have a legal document so she has to deal with it.

Theres a difference to working hard and working smart. You're targeting major muscle groups when deadlifting, not your forearm grip. Another one of those over hyped bro maniac bull-shit meat headed mentalities. Leave your ego at the door when you go to work out, do what makes sense to you, and if someone calls you out for being a sissy because you're strapping the barbell tell them to go fuck themselves and hope they swing at yah so you have an excuse to knock their ass out. Really, to use assistance on your lifts like this one should be a decision based on your own analysis and goals, not based on your fear of what other people think of you because, clearly, that type of mentality aint gonna get you very far in life, let alone women.

Straps/gloves/chalk vs raw isn't the issue here, the reason behind why you chose to do so is the issue. Sorry, just realized I typed an angry message, but I'm gonna post it anyway.

^^^fact is most reasons why people choose to use straps or gloves are stupid IMO. IF someone is afraid of callouses they shouldn't be working out...and that's what manicures and hand massage are for; thank you asia!

If you want to look like a pussy wear fingerless gloves and lifting straps you will have smooth hands for your girlfriend otherwise be a man and lift it raw

What joeblow said, men are supposed to have rough hands representative of work they have accomplished in their lives. If you want soft delicate hands because the girls like them more, it's not your hands that are the problem it's your game. Also follow Arnold's advice to train without straps or gloves. It not only increases your grip but allows your forearms to grow in size as well.

Plus there is nothing wrong with a little chalk

Top Bottom