Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Getting back to the gym after pneumonia, I WANNA TRAIN DAMMIT!!!

Krazydiamond

Had a bout of pneumonia this past weekend weekend which put me in the hospital for 3 days. Really kicked my ass at the time, was on IV, Oxygen, antibiotics the whole bit. Got released 5 days ago with a 7 day supply of antibiotics and told to stay out of the gym for a month or at least till my follow up appointment in 3 weeks. since ive gotten home in an enviroment surrounded by quality food and supplements (havent touched anything bodybuilding related just immune/health building supps) ive been feeling great! It feels like all my lung capacity has returned, energy is through the roof and I look in the mirror and see myself deflating by the hour lol. All in all this is driving me insane. Its getting harder and harder to follow the doc's advice when I feel this well while watching myself atrophy. I know the doctor gave me reccomendations for the average joe but I feel he really underestimated my recuperative abilities and conditioning as well as my dedication to a healthy diet relative to the average joe. Anyone else gone thru this? How long till you started traing again? Reccomendations?

Had a bout of pneumonia this past weekend weekend which put me in the hospital for 3 days. Really kicked my ass at the time, was on IV, Oxygen, antibiotics the whole bit. Got released 5 days ago with a 7 day supply of antibiotics and told to stay out of the gym for a month or at least till my follow up appointment in 3 weeks. since ive gotten home in an enviroment surrounded by quality food and supplements (havent touched anything bodybuilding related just immune/health building supps) ive been feeling great! It feels like all my lung capacity has returned, energy is through the roof and I look in the mirror and see myself deflating by the hour lol. All in all this is driving me insane. Its getting harder and harder to follow the doc's advice when I feel this well while watching myself atrophy. I know the doctor gave me reccomendations for the average joe but I feel he really underestimated my recuperative abilities and conditioning as well as my dedication to a healthy diet relative to the average joe. Anyone else gone thru this? How long till you started traing again? Reccomendations?

Dude chill, just sit home until the doc approves it, would you rather wait 3 weeks or get sick or injure yourself again and be out for longer?

I had pneumonia several years ago, was outta the gym for about a week after I started feeling better. As long as you don't have a fever I think you're good to go!

Had it 2 years ago. I to was out for a week after my hospital stay and then back to the gym when I started to feel better. I think it helps to excelerate the healing.Imo that is.

the problem w/pneumonia is once you have it, it seems your more immunity to it is lower & your more likely to get it again vs someone who has never had it (according to my dr). I would follow your dr advice & wait to train.

I had pneumonia a yr ago & was out of the gym for about 4 wks :(

i hate being sick. I had to miss 2 weeks dealing with a horrible sinus infection. but consider this:

1. the gym has tons of viruses and bacteria everywhere and your immune system is already fragile
2. the body needs rest every now and then to heal up those ligaments and tendons
3. working out while sick is counter productive because the body is weak and you wont be able to push much anyway

i hate being sick. I had to miss 2 weeks dealing with a horrible sinus infection. but consider this:

1. the gym has tons of viruses and bacteria everywhere and your immune system is already fragile
2. the body needs rest every now and then to heal up those ligaments and tendons
3. working out while sick is counter productive because the body is weak and you wont be able to push much anyway

In general i agree about not working out while sick but here is an opposite perspective:
T NATION | Sick? Go Train!

Hmm seems like about a 50/50 split so far both on the boards and offline sources. To those who say wait your advice is 100% sound and would most likely be the advice I would give someone else as well (great t-nation link by the way!) However I'm going with my gut on this one and hitting my first workout back tonight after 9 days off. I feel fully recovered but will be listening to my body very carefully and have no problem pulling the plug at the first sign of any symptoms or even unusual lethargy. Hope my next post won't be from the hospital bed. Chest day today and as need2 says time to KILL THAT SHIT!!!

Top Bottom