Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Generation Iron - Pumping Iron film remake - will they deny the steroids & drugs?

Hey guys. This question is for steve. Ive been reading on here for awhile and you guys sound like you know what your doing. Wanted to ask you y you think that most guys fail at this game. Just want your opinions.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using EliteFitness

Anyone know if the movie playin at mainstream theatres or at independants?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using EliteFitness

I'm annoyed that this film, although it has EXCELLENT reviews, is only playing in remote areas of SoCal, and ONLY RUNS 'TIL NEXT FRIDAY BEFORE QUITTING. My wife and I are going to have to drive all the way to Ontario to see it later today; 100 miles each way :( . WTF??? Are they trying to ruin the ratings by making it impossible to go see?

It's in some mainstream theaters in Dallas.

Yes! It's at two good ones (the one on Webb Chapel and the new one up on Plano Pkwy- walking distance to our Dallas house). Bum luck; I'm in CA right now.

Charles

I'm annoyed that this film, although it has EXCELLENT reviews, is only playing in remote areas of SoCal, and ONLY RUNS 'TIL NEXT FRIDAY BEFORE QUITTING. My wife and I are going to have to drive all the way to Ontario to see it later today; 100 miles each way :( . WTF??? Are they trying to ruin the ratings by making it impossible to go see?

Charles

it costs money to show a movie and uses up space at a theater. they aren't gonna show a movie that they can't sell tickets to. this one is just a documentary and how often do you ever get documentaries shown in most theaters.. the answer is rarely. you are lucky they are even showing it within 100 miles of you and i will bet the theater will be less than half full when you go.

most theater goers are late teens, they aren't interested in something like this and frankly after reading the reviews so far i would hardly call this movie 'excellent' .. 67% rating its above average but far from a movie that will be winning any awards.. i will just wait till someone posts it on youtube in a couple months.

it costs money to show a movie and uses up space at a theater. they aren't gonna show a movie that they can't sell tickets to. this one is just a documentary and how often do you ever get documentaries shown in most theaters.. the answer is rarely. you are lucky they are even showing it within 100 miles of you and i will bet the theater will be less than half full when you go.

most theater goers are late teens, they aren't interested in something like this..

You have a point, but I heard that the theater I'm planning to go to today, was sold out Friday for all but the late show. I think this film is different from other documentaries because of all the media hype lately about AAS, and so many "heroes" getting busted, etc. People want to know what's up. What really doesn't make sense is that it's running at "A" theaters and not "B" theaters (usually where documentaries and low-$ films go).

When you consider some of the crap with terrible ratings and nearly vacant seats, which got into first-run theaters somehow and ran for months, this really is strange, IMHO.

Charles

^^^ yeah because it isn't shown in a lot of theaters i'm not surprised if they get a couple packed theaters for it. however its not exactly a movie that people will see over and over so once you see it once you won't be back. i'm not 100% sure how it works (so someone who works in the biz please correct me if i'm wrong) but i believe the distributor has to pay to show the movie, and documentaries do not have big budgets to exactly market or buy space.

this is why you see a lot of made for tv movies that go straight to tv and don't even get shown in theaters.. see lifetime and sci fi channel lol

anyway its not a conspiracy bro. its simple business and economics at work. you want to milk money from the theaters but you don't want to go overboard or you will end up losing money. those movies you are saying stay in the theater for a while its cause they have the budgets to afford to stay for a long time even without selling tickets. they have the luxury of also making money on DVD sales, pay per view, and then regular tv rights so when you are comparing something like this to a Jennifer Aniston chick flick or Adam Sandler comedy that is comparing apples to oranges.

This documentary has about as much mass appeal as a documentary on badminton

Top Bottom