Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

General Positive Post.

Raina

Banned
I just want to thank all of the elite members who have offered me support and encouragement. I have spent SO many hours doing searches on dietary and workout information. I've taken pages of notes and I feel very prepared to set out on the path to health.

For the first time in years, I feel like I'm doing something positive for my body. After starving myself and abusing my body for so long, I'm so thankful that I've come to the conclusion that I'm sick of being sick and I want to be healthy.

I know I haven't been here long or posted much, but so many posts have been inspiring to me. My entire perspective of weight has been changed. How the hell did that happen?? I feel like I FINALLY know what I want and how to get there. Lord I'm all sappy this morning, getting all teary eyed because I finally feel hopeful about getting to the point of loving my body again.

I spend 2 hours with a trainer last night. I'm sore today but I feel great. Got my bf taken, talked about workout schedules (I had lots of ideas from everything I've read here). Talked about supplementing, nutritional programs...it was an amazing night.

My family is incredibly excited that I'm finally moving in a positive direction. As an early Christmas present they bought me $1000 worth of hours with my trainer. That's a hell of a gift (especially since I'm extra broke right now).

Just wanted to say that I'm feeling very blessed right now to have found somewhere to give me information and a caring kick in the ass to live my life instead of letting it pass me by.

Thank you.

Katie

Thanks Spats!!

Considering that I consider filling my entire tank with gas a "splurge" right now, $1000 with my trainer is an amazing gift!!

Definately kicking my own ass right now...think a small child could kick my ass ast the moment since I'm in shitty shape...but I'll keep you all posted once I start raising hell.

Kate

congrats gal... make good use of that...

and with your posititve attitude, you should do just fine...

good luck...

Awesome!!! Glad we could help ya out..I wish someone would give me $1000 so I can train more w/ W6!! Any offers??? Lucky u:) What was your bodyfat and how did he suggest you eat etc...enjoy yourself!!!!!!!!

If throwing money is all it took to be lean and awesome looking, there would be a lot more healthy people. I'm WELL aware that there's no easy fix. There's a not a pill I can take, a shake I can drink, or anything else that can replace working my ass to to get where I want to be. Plus I'm damn stubborn and if I want something, I fear for anyone who tries to get in my way. Hehe. I'm so perky and positive this morning people at work are going to wonder what I'm on.

Kate

Raina,

It is SO exciting that you've turned the corner! I made that turn only a few years ago myself, and now I'm living the best years of my life, and I'm nearly 40. For me, it didn't all happen at once. It was more like 2 steps forward 1 step back, but all those steps have added up.

It still hurts seeing women deliberately weaken their bodies to fit some imagined ideal, because I haven't forgotten the pain and self-hatred I felt. What's worse is society practically encourages women to be weak and dependent. Don't be surprised if some people try to discourage you from training. Don't let them; you're doing this for you.

(I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but...) I want to shout from the rooftops to all women that 'muscle is the secret!'. It makes you strong inside and out, you never have to starve again, and you won't grow old prematurely because you're weak and under-nourished.

How odd that I spent so many years making myself sickeningly waif thin (like 5'7 100 pounds) when what I found attractive were strong, muscular, lean women with curves. I don't wanna look like a stright-line, no hip, flat chested little boy.

I'm at 135ish right now. My pt guessed that my bf was under 20. Oh was he wrong. 28%. He said that's because my current diet sucks (he wasn't exactly thrilled with me for have 1/4 cup of jelly beans and 2 pieces of cake yesterday...that's ALL I had before working out). He said that I don't look like I'm that high on bf, but I'm likely that high from 1) eating primarily sugar and starving myself the rest of the time and 2) spending years feeding off of my muscle mass. Gotta start somewhere though. He is excited to work with me though because he thinks that I shouldn't have much trouble dropping my bf if I actually force myself to not only eat, but eat what I'm supposed to. Thus we're going to draw up a nutrition plan for me tonight. I'm also eating today as I have to admit that working out on the shit I was eating yesterday felt awful.

I'm a size 6 right now...varies between a 6-8 but I'm a 6 today. I'm determined to drop bf but, OMG, can't believe I'm gonna say this...I'd like to put on weight. My eventual goal is to drop my bf down to around 10%. Not expecting that any time soon, but I'm willing to do what it takes.

I'm going to ease myself into all of this doing full body lifts 3 days/week with 3 days or cardio and 1 day off. After 2-3 weeks of that, I'm going to break down my muscle groups and focus on them in broken down sections for the week.

Kate

WarLobo said:
Anyone DARE to tell me this board don't make a difference???

Certainly not me, Sir! :D

I'm constantly amazed at the wonderful effect connecting with others online can have in your life! Thanks for sharing your joy, Raina.

I feel like the "unnoficial Elite cheerleader" this morning.

Yes, this site makes a difference. This place is a wealth or support and information if people are willing to get off their asses and take the time and make the effort to utilize it.

Kate

:FRlol: spats you're funny w/out carbs or sleep...maybe just "loopy"
I was ready for a protein shake toast

Raina congratulations and read this site often you will get more information and support than you could ever imagine!

kel

Top Bottom