Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Front squats

I am up to 510lbs for reps on back squats going as far as I can which is pretty close to ATG. I can crank out 3 sets of 10 at that weight. I couldn't not go past 315lbs on front squats no matter what stance I tried. The problem wasn't the weight or even the balancing act. It was the pain in my wrists/forearms. I will say that with the crossed arm stance my back was under a lot more stress which I was not fond of at all.

I am up to 510lbs for reps on back squats going as far as I can which is pretty close to ATG. I can crank out 3 sets of 10 at that weight. I couldn't not go past 315lbs on front squats no matter what stance I tried. The problem wasn't the weight or even the balancing act. It was the pain in my wrists/forearms. I will say that with the crossed arm stance my back was under a lot more stress which I was not fond of at all.

wow that's sick weight man ^^

if it was your first time doing front squats, then there is a good chance it will hurt your wrists. I just started doing them as well and it hurt my wrists. I was told by some guys on here to stretch my wrists before doing them next time so you might want to give that a try

01.jpg

This has always been my favorite front squat image, it sums up why I do front squats: They make you look like a badass!!!!:evil::evil::evil::evil: 'Nuff said!!!!

wow that's sick weight man ^^

if it was your first time doing front squats, then there is a good chance it will hurt your wrists. I just started doing them as well and it hurt my wrists. I was told by some guys on here to stretch my wrists before doing them next time so you might want to give that a try

Yeah it was my first time. I will try again next session and see if it feels any better. The only other solution would be to do them like EM said, with straps. I have a feeling they might not be as effective that way but I like the idea of that much stress on the quads and the Oly position feels like it hits the shoulders/chest/arms big time. At least a lot more than what I feel with back squats.

I like clean grip front squats but they used to hurt a bit at first wrist wise. About the oly lifter, competitive lifting it's risky and yeah it hurts.

Top Bottom