Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

From what Poundages did you start Deadlifting?

My deadlift actually started really strong believe it or not. I mean not REALLY strong but pretty strong for a 14-15 year old a few years back. I deadlifted around 370-375 lbs. for 3-4 reps. Which was pretty good in my opinoin.

:D:D

Start light and work your way up. I started with 135/185 (been a while) and moved up from there. Your gains should come quickly with this exercise at first, but be sure to maintain good form throughout. As far as a max goes, I have no idea. I'm not a powerlifter. My max now would probably calculate into the upper 300s.

Also, in my opinion, there are some exercises where a belt is necessary. Deadlifting is one of those exercises.

If your taken it up to your limits a couple of times a
month you won't be trainging the dead w/ out a belt for
ong.
Keep in mind even with a belt you are still training
your lower back and mid section but once you get past 300lbs. and work your way to 415 plus you increase your chances of working around a possible injury for the rest of your lifting days.
IMO its not worth it. I have had a minor back injury before and believe me they're no fun at all.
Not to mention it set me back months, and psychologicaly scarred me. By forcing me to understand yes I have a threshold and I have exceeded it.

Take it from me ignorance is bliss, wear a belt anytime your squating or dead lifting more than your body weight.

The purpose of a belt is to force you to maintain proper form. So you can do the excercise correctly and with less possibility for injury. Buy a good competition style belt. I have a Cardillo and I swear buy it. After I ordered a good belt my squat sky rocketed I went up a hundered pounds in just a few months, and my legs were almost the same size as my waist!!!

Its simple a belt allows you to focus on the parts your working. Also to keep you from swaying back and forth like a sapling in a strong wind while your trying to make the make the squat of your life.

http://www.cardillousa.com/belts/index.htm
This is the kind I have 450GL stock/black expensive but well worth it.

SSAlexSS, You dont know shit about lifting.
You dont even know what a belt and chalk is.
And if you think a belt will weaken your back you will very sorry one day. Powerlifters use belts in meets,IDIOT!!!!
Chalk helps keep the sweat off your hand and helps you not rip your hands open when lifting heavy since you cant use gloves or staps. But you probably wouldnt know that.

started out light at 135 everyone should cause if u mess up the form u will mess urself up bad. i use no straps, and dont use a belt till my last set where i go for 4 reps. i can do 495 for 10, and can get 545 for 4. gotta get stronger for football tho, the 545 is with belt.
also do ab strength ening training example, plated situps. i do 3 sets of 30 situps with 4 45's on my stomach it will greatly increase ur deadlift

Top Bottom