Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Friends lying about their lifts...

Stubby2

OK... I can now officially bench 50KG (dont laff) and since I started out on 20KG (cus i woz lazy) I think its pretty damn good. Im 5' 11" and just a touch under 200lbs with about 20% body fat (fat bastard I know).

Now heres the thing... I've been training in the past on and off but this last 3 months ive been doing it solidly.

The problem is, a m8 of mine is there saying... "Pushed 100KG up today" now he is the same height as me and about 60KG in weight (prob less!) and has been working out for 3 months also 3 times a week whole body (he wont listen) and eats like he did before training... with exception of creatine.

Now does it sound like he could do 100KG or am I just a weak pathetic fool? I dont go to the same gym but im tempted to go see. I never lie about what I can lift but that seems a little far fetched to me.

Also... I do like 40KG on the pec dec and of course he does 80KG...

Any feed back on this would be good. Is it just me or should I go to the gym with him one time (bet he has a light day that day LOL)

STUBS

If it really bothers you, then maybe you should go with him and see if he's telling the truth. however, as you addressed, he probably will say "oh.... i lifted hard yesterday so im going light today..." or something like that. if i were you, i wouldnt worry about it. it sounds like youre making good progress with what youre doing and as long as youre happy, it shouldnt matter what your friend "claims" to be doing.

I suppose im more interested that it is possible for him to do this.

Screw it... I won't let it bother me... I know Im honest and ive never known him to lie...

Mind you he has developed a bit of an ego as of late.

STUBS

The answer is yes, it's entirely possible. 220 lbs is not much weight. But who cares? If you want to be a powerlifter you're in the wrong forum. Get your ego out of your training. It's not about him, it's about you.

Don't get caught up in the great weight debate with anyone.Only fools and high school kids do this.Alot of strength comes from training your nervous system.many times Less is more.Use proper form.Eat,sleep train right and you'll be lifting more then him.Throw some androgens in there once you have everything else in if you feel you need to.

Most likely it's hot air from this guy.Seeing is believing.

wrlord said:
But who cares? If you want to be a powerlifter you're in the wrong forum. Get your ego out of your training. It's not about him, it's about you.

Being a powerlifter does not automatically mean you are an ego-maniac. I'm not. It's all about progress...with powerlifting you use poundage to measure your progress...with bodybuilding you use the mirror, tape measure, and the scale.

As for the subject of your thread...I agree who cares. If your friend lifts 100lbs or 600lbs it does nothing to make you better therefore it is of no use to you. The only person you should be competing with is yourself. No matter if your goals are lifting big numbers or putting on quality size.

"True nobility lies not in being superior to another man, but in being superior to ones former self."

Good luck

Everyone lies.
who cares.
I just say "yeah okay" when someone tells me how much they lift.

I have guys at work who weigh 65kg and say that their working weight for 10 reps is equal to the number 1 powerlifter in the CAPO (australian organisation) SINGLE MAX. the funny thing is the powerlifter can only handle the weight for 1 rep.....he is 10 kilos bigger than the liar at my work. (the liar has been training for 6 months.......)

There is one thing though.

If someone has good neromuscular effiecency.....they may acctually be able to handle more weight even though they are smaller than you.

went to the gymlast week, and smoked all the liars in all their lifts.
they dont talk much about weights anymore.

sometimes you can just tell they are lying (like that kid who can beat a powerlifter 10kgs heavier than him)
they will grow up one of these days

Top Bottom