Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fratured fibula

brew

Hey guys,

So I went and fucked myself up last week. Spiral fractured my fibula and jacked every ligament & tendon in my ankle. I'm really bummed because my training has been going so well.

Question, any idea's on staying in the best possible shape and keeping LBM when I can't walk or even put weight on my foot. Seriously, I'm a gimp for at least 6 weeks with the bone and months of pain for the ligaments. I would hate to see all my hard work melt away sitting on my ass feeling sorry for myself.

Damn brother this really sucks. I can't really recommend any training for you. It would probably be best to chill out for a while and gradually get back into some light upper body stuff after a few weeks. I can give you some diet advice though. At least what I would do if I was in your situation.

High Protein 2x body weight
Low Glycemic carbs and a shit load of green veggies
Mega Dose Fishoil 15-30g a day and eat your nuts (not roasted in oil) and olive oil
5-10 grams of cissus quadrangualris a day.
No candy/junk food/soda/cheat meals
2 gallon of water a day

I hope you heal up and get back at it soon bro.

Shit bro i fractured my fibula too, im still training though. I just got re evaluated by the doc and ive been making improvements in my leg while ive been working out so youll be fine if you work out. SL has it on the spot with the diet advice though, mine has been good. Im also taking some digestive enzymes that my dad (chiropractor) told me helps a lot with the healing of bone.

Hey bros....Check this out on Cissus. This would be a good supplement for you guys.

From TrueProtein.com

Cissus Quadrangularis (CQ), aka Veld Grape, is a houseplant used in Indian folk medicine to heal fractures (3, 4, 15, 16, 18, 20-23), and in other cultures to treat, for instance, gastrointestinal disorders (8-11) and even hemorrhoids(14). Cissus also has anti-oxidant and anti-microbial effects (2, 13), anti-inflammatory actions (8-10) including the reduction of tissue infiltration by immune cells(9), a hallmark of tissue injury, and similarly, analgesic (pain reducing) actions(14). CQ contains high levels of vitamin C and carotene(2) as well as the phytochemical quercitin(17), an anti-inflammatory(19), vaso-dilating flavanoid found in grapes(5), and beta-sitosterol(17), a cholesterol-based compound that also has anti-inflammatory(6) as well as immunomodulating (cortisol reducing) effects(1) and possibly the ability to reduce glucocorticoid receptor expression(7).

A study with beta-sitosterol demonstrated that this constituent of CQ reduced the stress on the immune system as well as the elevation in cortisol brought on by running a marathon(1), suggesting that beta-sitosterol and CQ may have an adaptogenic effect. CQ may also aid in body fat loss and improve related health parameters such as blood lipid profile. Oben et al.(12, 13) found that, compared to a placebo group, obese individuals taking CQ (600mg daily), with or without a formulation including green tea extract, lost bodyweight and reduced blood LDL ("bad") cholesterol, triglycerides and resting blood glucose. CQ also increased serotonin levels in the blood, which may have reduced appetite, as well as creatinine, suggesting that CQ may have an anabolic effect. (An increase in blood creatinine level suggests increased skeletal muscle mass(24, 25).) Studies of CQ's effect on bone growth also support the notion of CQ as an anabolic agent(3).

Supplement use

CQ has been studied with doses of 600mg extract / day. To aid in body fat loss, CQ could be taken with caffeine, tyrosine, green tea extract, BCAA's, and/or yohimbine HCL. Under the guidance of a physician, to improve blood lipid profile and/or blood glucose (and act as an anti-oxidant), green tea extract and alpha-lipoic acid could be supplement the diet, along with CQ. Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) and CQ both may help with tissue healing and inflammation, and reduce post-exercise muscle inflammation. Given its effects (see above) on reducing cortisol, possibly downregulating the glucocorticoid receptor, increasing muscle mass during periods of weight loss, as well as promoting bone tissue growth (or retarding its loss(16)), CQ may be helpful for athletes in heavy training who are trying to build or retain muscle mass. For this purpose, supplements such as creatine, glutamine, BCAA's (especially Leucine), HMB, a protein blend, waxy maize and of course an appropriate diet and exercise regiment could be combined with daily CQ supplementation. Likewise, CQ may be adaptogenic during highly stressful periods of training or after stressful events such as a marathon, and could be taken along with arginine alpha-ketoglutarate to assist in recovery.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll be working hard on diet because it's the only thing I can do for now. What's the cissus SL?

Hopefully in a couple weeks I will be able to put enough weight on it to start some upper body work with the machines or something.

SL... Stupid story, I was prepping my desert trailer for Halloween when I stepped in a gopher hole and tripped while carrying two 7 gallon propane tanks. Twisted on the way down, hence the spiral fracture & jacked ligaments. Silly accident, but it hurt like a mother f'er

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll be working hard on diet because it's the only thing I can do for now. What's the cissus SL?

Hopefully in a couple weeks I will be able to put enough weight on it to start some upper body work with the machines or something.

SL... Stupid story, I was prepping my desert trailer for Halloween when I stepped in a gopher hole and tripped while carrying two 7 gallon propane tanks. Twisted on the way down, hence the spiral fracture & jacked ligaments. Silly accident, but it hurt like a mother f'er

That sucks!!!

I use the cissus for joint support. Truepreotein.com sells it in pill and powder form(cheaper, but very nasty). It is aids healing bone and ligament damage too. Read the description I posted.

Hey bro's, just an update. I saw the orthropedic surgeon again this week and he said I've begun healing faster than he has seen. Substantial new bone growth already! He even recomended I start putting weight on it and try walking if I feel up to it. Needless to say I am pumped. He told me 6 weeks to begin with and now 3 weeks later I took 5 steps today (in my brace of course)! I know living a healthy lifestyle, caring about my body and taking supps helped.

Thanks to all the EF bros for their input!

Take it easy and don't rush it! I'm 4 week post opp on a ruptured Achilles and have been going stir crazy. Haven't missed an upper body workout yet but I miss my deads and squats!

Take care of yourself bro!

Top Bottom