Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Forbes says not to marry career women

BIKINIMOM said:
Ummm that is not what is annoying the women at all.

In case you hadn't noticed all the he-woman man-haters were going on and on about how marriage is the end of life as you know it as if life becomes a cake-walk for the woman so much so they us divorcees are lining up trampling each other as we run to the altar as lemmings to their deaths!

SHEESH

Marriage makes a man's life easier while the woman's life goes right down the toilet.

It is a fact that divorced women remarry far less than their male counterparts (barring those that have young children). Once our children are grow marriage becomes a four letter word. Who in THE HELL wants to wash some old farts dirty boxer shorts?!

Also statistical fact that married men live far longer than their non-married male peers.

Deal with it.
Ok... time to say something blunt!

Let's look at a typical marriage (even though there really isn't one). Both husband and wife are probably wage earners, with a 90% chance (yes, it's been measured) that the man makes more than the woman.

In most cases, the husband is going to appreciate in value at a rate faster than women due to a lot of reasons -- some are wrong such as gender bias. Other reasons are valid, such as a woman taking time off and/or retiring to have and raise children. At any rate, a husband's career trajectory is often more lucrative than the wife's.

Here's where I get to be a sexist pig. One of a man's top assets going into the marriage, his earning power, will appreciate over time. One of a woman's top assets, her appearance and youthful energy, will depreciate over time. You see a fair number of 60 year old males with 35 year old women, but how often do you see the reverse?

Marriage is a way for women to "sell high". They capitalize on their appearance and youth, and bind the soon-to-appreciate male into what looks a lot like an income sharing plan. Even if the marriage blows-up, the husband has to continue to share income for some time in the form of alimoney.

So why do men knowingly walk into this even though they are buying at the market's "peak"? Society trains us that you're supposed to have 2.4 kids, a white picket fence, etc. etc. That's why you see a lot of "enlightened" males who have had their children and would never walk into a marriage again. Even if they had a 10 or 20 year differential on their next spouse, they still know they are buying at the market's peak.

I still think there has to be a better way... the idea of traditional marriage has run its course in my opinion. Its just frustrating because I don't have a better answer yet :)

And yes ladies... I know there are exceptions. But in all fairness about 95%+ of all alimoney cases go the same direction.

mrplunkey said:
Ok... time to say something blunt!

Let's look at a typical marriage (even though there really isn't one). Both husband and wife are probably wage earners, with a 90% chance (yes, it's been measured) that the man makes more than the woman.

In most cases, the husband is going to appreciate in value at a rate faster than women due to a lot of reasons -- some are wrong such as gender bias. Other reasons are valid, such as a woman taking time off and/or retiring to have and raise children. At any rate, a husband's career trajectory is often more lucrative than the wife's.

Here's where I get to be a sexist pig. One of a man's top assets going into the marriage, his earning power, will appreciate over time. One of a woman's top assets, her appearance and youthful energy, will depreciate over time. You see a fair number of 60 year old males with 35 year old women, but how often do you see the reverse?

Marriage is a way for women to "sell high". They capitalize on their appearance and youth, and bind the soon-to-appreciate male into what looks a lot like an income sharing plan. Even if the marriage blows-up, the husband has to continue to share income for some time in the form of alimoney.

So why do men knowingly walk into this even though they are buying at the market's "peak"? Society trains us that you're supposed to have 2.4 kids, a white picket fence, etc. etc. That's why you see a lot of "enlightened" males who have had their children and would never walk into a marriage again. Even if they had a 10 or 20 year differential on their next spouse, they still know they are buying at the market's peak.

I still think there has to be a better way... the idea of traditional marriage has run its course in my opinion. Its just frustrating because I don't have a better answer yet :)

And yes ladies... I know there are exceptions. But in all fairness about 95%+ of all alimoney cases go the same direction.
Alimony? What's that?! Are we talking maintenance payments? I thought alimoney was only for rich folks? I wonder what the stats show as the %age of divorces where alimony is actually ordered (not child support)? Alimony is a dumb concept in this day and age IMO. Child support is one thing - as a parent you should be financially responsible. But alimony??? Shit, when I got divorced, I wanted ONE thing (well two including sole custody) - DIVORCE.

Smurfy said:
Alimony? What's that?! Are we talking maintenance payments? I thought alimoney was only for rich folks? I wonder what the stats show as the %age of divorces where alimony is actually ordered (not child support)? Alimony is a dumb concept in this day and age IMO. Child support is one thing - as a parent you should be financially responsible. But alimony??? Shit, when I got divorced, I wanted ONE thing (well two including sole custody) - DIVORCE.
Alimoney is the coup de grace on a woman's attempt to take a man to the cleaners.

When I attended the manditory parenting class (required for people getting a divorce in TN), one woman was so proud of herself because she linked her alimony payments to a percentage of the husbands gross pay. He couldn't even get a raise without giving her a bigger piece of the pie.

mrplunkey said:
Alimoney is the coup de grace on a woman's attempt to take a man to the cleaners.

When I attended the manditory parenting class (required for people getting a divorce in TN), one woman was so proud of herself because she linked her alimony payments to a percentage of the husbands gross pay. He couldn't even get a raise without giving her a bigger piece of the pie.
People like her need to be shot.

I know people who have been divorced. I dont know of anyone who was awarded alimony. I guess all the people I know have jobs.

Top Bottom