Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

For zwhit, my pictures from hong kong

Great pics! What is your camera set up? How long of a flight was it?

For those of you who have never seen Nef, trust me she's a dime :)

Great pics! What is your camera set up? How long of a flight was it?

For those of you who have never seen Nef, trust me she's a dime :)

Nikon D3100....basically entry level of that kind of camera. I want to get a better lens one of these days.

Flight was 14/15 hours direct to and from chicago. I had other bullshit travel getting to and from chicago, though. On the long flights I spent most of my time in a doped up sleep, but it worked out pretty well.

And....thank you :D

Nikon D3100....basically entry level of that kind of camera. I want to get a better lens one of these days.

Flight was 14/15 hours direct to and from chicago. I had other bullshit travel getting to and from chicago, though. On the long flights I spent most of my time in a doped up sleep, but it worked out pretty well.

And....thank you :D

I've been considering a trip out there sometime soon. Its good to know I now have a reliable travel advice source. Was there any issue with the language barrier and were there any 'sketchy' places you wouldn't go back to?

I've been considering a trip out there sometime soon. Its good to know I now have a reliable travel advice source. Was there any issue with the language barrier and were there any 'sketchy' places you wouldn't go back to?

I only had language issues with cab drivers. I had to learn their funky system as far as which cabs could go where. If you ever make it out that way, I'll explain the deal, because my first few days were MADDENING in that regard. The easy way around the language issue with them is to get your hotel concierge to write in Chinese your destination, and to keep your hotel address, written in Chinese, on you at all times. The younger generations there (35 and under) have a great grasp on English, 50 and over, almost none at all. But it's such a worldwide hub with so many expats that culture there is very accommodating to English speakers, and the local populations are incredibly warm and welcoming (assuming you don't act like a jackass).

Sketchy places I wouldn't go back to - I can't think of any. The only place I made a fairly hasty visit of was the fishing village with the houses on stilts. I got there kinda late, and after the sun went down, everything shut down. No one said as much, but it got so intimate feeling that I felt like I was invading their private space. But I never felt unsafe anywhere.

I researched the hell out of HK before I went and only did like half of what I wanted to do...I could absolutely help you organize a trip there if you ever decide to go. I heartily endorse it, I loved my time there.

Top Bottom