Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Foam Rolls, Stretches, jump rope, treadmill, etc.

themondtster

So what do you do before your weight lifting, besides your warm up set? Just reading about these foam roll exercises and it looks interesting.

From My Droid!

i usually just start with alot of light warmup sets on my first exercise

i save stretching and all that stuff for cardio days, or after my workouts

if nothing is going on ill just do some mobility stuff for the joints ill be using that day to get the blood flowing. then ill do a bunch of light sets of the main compound lift im doing. in between the light warm up sets ill do some more mobilization. then i just get to my real warm up sets.

other times i might run. I might have just gotten done doing some judo or bjj. who knows..

ahh again.... yeah stretching and foam rolling i always do after my workout..

the only other thing ill do for warmups btw is jump rope or do some olympic lifting warmup and a few reps of olympic lifts

I always plan it out and then never end up doing it lol. Here is what I want to do:

Everyday:
AM Static stretching

Pre w/o:
Foam Rolling
Dynamic stretching
Jumproping

Post w/o:
Static Stretching

Even the nice dense foam rollers wear out. I bought a 3' long piece of 6" PVC. It hurts a little to get used to but now I will never go back to foam. It cost me $15 too and will never wear out. I use it every day multiple times daily. Helps keep my thorasic(sp?) spine in line too.
under the armpit is the best for me because i have alot of tightness in there.
Do a youtube search for Defranco's shoulder stretching and also Diesel Crew Shoulder rehab. Lots of great stuff in those for upper body and rotator cuffs.

Currently I do some static and then some kenetic stretches, followed by some quick body weight exercises just to get blood flowing and joints warmed up. Been checking out a few new things....anybody ever try yoga for heavy lifts. Heard some colleges and pro teams implementing it.

From My Droid!

Top Bottom