Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

fish oil vs flax oil

Your welcome!:)
Wasn't any trouble at all, as I was curious myself to see how they compared.
I think I'll stick with Udo's.

wow im really not into taking anything except protein, now im thinking of getting fish oil... hmmmm

~WizKid :kaioken:

Udo Erasmus is known as the father of fats and he wrote an incredible book called "Fats that Heal, Fats that Kill"

BUT Udo's Choice oil has omega 3's derived from flax (alpha linoleic acid) whereas most people on this thread (and i agree with this) say that you should be going for the omega 3's from fish oils (epa & dha)

Yeah Fish Oil is WAY better than Flax oil for losing fat along with other good shit, but I would stay with Flax year round for health reasons.

As far as Salmon Oil being a better choice than Fish Oil due to a higher ratio of DHA and EPA, it tends to be more expensive when you tally up the cost-benefit ratio, especially if you are able to catch any special prices on FISH OIL.

I prefer the Wal Mart version (it's been tested and from what I recall, wasn't rancid) since it's cheap and clean.

Ill send you some good reports about Fish Oil from people who know their shit more than most of us here.

NFG123... what do you think about the NOW brand of fish
oil caps...?

1000mg
100% fat
EPA 360mg
DHA 240mg
omega-3's 600mg

NOW

NOW is a pretty solid brand. Decent prices. Decent quality. Those stats have a good EFA:total fat ratio. For your money, and since you don't need nearly as much fish oil to get your EPA/DHA amounts, I would stick with either Sam's Club (you can get 300 1 g caps with 240/148 EPA DHA split) for $7 or what you have (NOW) that is a solid choice. For your other healthy fats, Udo's is a good choice, PB is great too.

Also, something I haven't looked into, but ... maybe someone knows. They sell SAFFLOWER oil at the local supermarket, the high-oleic oil kind. and SUNFLOWER oil (for cooking etc), these are both really healthy AND are the sources for all of the CLA supplements out there. I'm not sure how many grams of this oil (I dont know the potency of these) you would have to take to get the 6g of CLA, but it might be a cheap way to reap the benefits of CLA without paying the hefty price tag. Hey, what's wrong with a $4 1000 mL of safflower oil where you take a tablespoon to get 6 g of CLA and save yourself tons of bucks. Once again, I don't know how potent these are in regards to that, but it would be interesting to find out.

Oh yeah I just remembered something.
Dipasquale says in his anabolic diet book to avoid MCTs on the diet because they can be used as another source of energy rather than ketones, or something like that, I can't recall exactly. So, Udo's, or anything else w/ MCTs should probably be limtited during a ketogenic diet. I do try to take more plain flax and salmon oils instead of so much Udo's when I am dieting. Of course Dan Duchaine used to recommend taking MCTs w/ creatine as a laxative during bodyopus, so I don't know. Also, many of the low carb bars have MCTs in them. Are MCTs OK to take on a ketogenic diet or not, Mr X. maybe????

Yeah Fish Oil is WAY better than Flax oil for losing fat along with other good shit, but I would stay with Flax year round for health reasons.

Can you elaborate on the health benefits of flax oil vs fish oil?

Top Bottom