Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

First cycle - anavar

Day 1 Week 7

Super strong. 2 more weeks left and I'm done popping pills. That'll be a relief. Actually thats not true, I'll be popping PCT pills for another 3-4 weeks after that. Ughhh.

I'll be bumping up my chicken/beef servings 50grams for the next 2 weeks and adding more days of cardio. Haven't had a spotter around for bench these last two weeks, which kinda sucks, but got 225x5 today which was a first for me.

Since my lower back has been out I've been doing leg extensions as a squat substitute. Haven't added much strength because of that unfortunately, but the definition is definitely coming through. Today I went back to squats after 2 weeks rest, but skipped the last (heaviest set). Still not 100% but I only felt mild soreness today after doing 275x5. I skipped the bent over rows also and did laying T-bar rows instead. Also did some pullups for fun, got 15 easy, probably could have struggled and got 25 but I wanted to save some juice for the T-bar rows. On Wednesday I will try DL, but will probably have to skip the heaviest set.

I've put on almost 18lbs since starting, a good deal of it water I'm sure, since I went from a keto diet straight into this cycle with a clean bulk diet. Still vascular though.

Coming back nicely bro. Take your time on that back, do it slowly and be good to yourself bro.

Now that I'm near the end of my cycle, I don't want the gains to stop. Since I've never done madcow before, it feels like a magic workout routine given that I did it for the first time on anavar and I've experienced huge gains like never before, which is deceiving since I've never completed it naturally for comparison. After I finish the cycle, I'm considering a 4 week maintenance period of something more conventional like 4 sets of 8 reps of 2 exercises per muscle group once a week, followed by a natural madcow cycle just to see what the gains are like. I'll use a similar diet. Will be interesting to compare. I definitely feel I can make some more natural gains on squats and DL with this program, especially if I add things like creatine and adaptogens, but its hard for me to imagine making any progress on my bench.

I also don't foresee any steroid cycles in my near future. Way too many sides for me on such a mild drug (hairloss, gyno, sore joints, and I've yet to do the post cycle blood test, so we'll see how the liver and lipids turn out). The monetary cost was also high though I don't mind that as much. If I did another cycle it would have to be anavar only again as I'm way too susceptible to sides, so something stronger is out of the question.

Yeah bro I know exactly what you mean about your gains on the 5x5. Its crazy when your on to do that program. Just like the strength well never goes dry.
You know bro you really should consider a test only cycle. Actually IMO you would have fewer sides to deal with then you on the var cycle. Also less$$ I think.
Right now you should get yourself N2 Bridge, Phytosarms 360 and N2Guard. That way you gonna help yourself to keep some of those gains. Thats the prob with just doing an oral cycle. The gains dissapear so easily unless you really fight to keep them and give your bod all the help you possibly can.
So study up and consider a cycle of test at 500-500 mg/week. You would also need an AI such as Aromasin. Then for PCT you would need Unleashed, Bridge and Guard and maybe Phytosamrs 360. That would pretty much cover it. (so you can expense it) That would be a good solid cycle for you bro and largly keepalbe gains.

Came off the var on Sunday. I'll be running Post cycle, Unleashed, small amount of HCGen, and forma-stanzol over the next 4 weeks, then a bottle of bridge after that. I looked at phytoserms a bit, looks like it does the same as Unleashed and HGGen, in that it tries to increase free test by binding to SHBG, aside from that I'm not sure what the major differences are. Some people seem to like post-cycle/unleashed combo, some seem to like hcgen, some seem to like phytoserms.

Unfortunately the latter-half of Sunday I came down with flu-like symptoms. Slight elevated temperature, chills, sore/weak feeling all over my body. I rarely if ever get sick, so I was starting to think it was my body's reaction to changing hormone levels. In the late evening I was almost feeling so bad I had to concentrate to keep my food down and mind off the nausea. Also had diarrhea all day. Horrible timing to get sick on my first day of PCT. Wonder if my immune system is weak due to lowered test. Anyway, today is Monday and I feel better, took the day off of the gym to recover a bit more. I feel fine except for a slight discomfort in my stomach and more diarrhea.

I'm a bit curious how my strength will be tomorrow. We shall see.

On a test only cycle, I'm leaning towards not doing it for two reasons. 1) Pins are illegal where I live. 2) Test converts to DHT which causes baldness, and while I'd like to be larger, look better, I'm not interested in permanently trading my hair for a temporary increase in body mass. One of the big reasons I chose var.

Last edited:
PCT Week 1 - Day 3

Took Monday off, what would normally be first workout day of the week. Today is Tuesday. I decided to workout Tues / Thurs this week instead of the typical Mon, Wed, Fri, since I missed skipped Mon due to sickness. Went in the gym not knowing what to expect, but knowing that many people typically are weaker during PCT, and almost coming off a pretty intense sickness 2 days ago.

Well, I definitely did not gain any strength, and I didn't feel like superman as I did the previous week while "on", and I didn't have the huge super pump as before, and I was coming off flu-like symptoms, BUT, I got all my reps and maintained the strength I had in the previous week. I was quite happy with that. I even added 10 lbs to my DL from the previous week, which is down a bit due to a slight lower back injury.

Quite happy so far. I added 2 pills of HCGen to help with the PCT and started feeling the achy, puffy nipples again. Will post before/after pics and before/after blood test results when PCT is complete.

PCT Week 1 - Day 5

Decided to switch things up slightly today. I'm struggling to get all squat reps I did at end of cycle. Instead of 5 reps I only got 4, but still happy, thought I would lose more strength. Bench today really surprised me. Did 5 reps today at the same weight I did for 3 reps at end of cycle. Instead of bent rows I went to weighted pullups to ease my back a bit. I was already quite sore from the full squats.

Been a long time since I did weighted pullups, but I was doing sets of 15 bodyweight pullups no prob during cycle. Put the chain belt on and loaded it up with 55 lbs and got 7 reps. Was fairly happy with that. I'd like to get it up to 75 or 80lbs eventually. I also do pulldowns on the machine but I can do the whole stack plus all the rubber weights with more than 10 reps, so kind of hard to add any strength with that exercise. The weighted pullups are quite fun, I think I have a new favorite exercise.

Well, my cycle goals were to gain some lean mass, strength, and minimize fat gain. Looks like I succeeded moderately on gaining lean mass, surpassed my goals on strength, and failed moderately at minimizing fat loss. More concretely, I wanted to be able to rep 225 on bench, 315 on full squat, which I can do easily now. I'm quite happy with that. My new goals will be to rep 275 on bench, 365 on squats, 405 on DL. I currently weigh a slightly pudgy 184lbs, tiny love handles and all. I'd like to get to 7 or 8% bf and keep the strength. Right now I'd guess I'm about 16%.

One interesting thing I noticed, now that I'm off I do feel less aggressive, but I also feel like a load has been taken off my back. Perhaps the reduction in blood pressure? I just feel lighter, more natural, and easy going. I'm actually happy to be off. I was getting sick of popping tons of pills all the time, drinking huge amounts of water and creatine twice a day, reaching down to feel tiny nuts, finding tons of hair on your hands after shampooing. Also somehow I feel like the cycle has improved my cardio, even though I did minimal cardio during the cycle. After each workout now, I'm jogging for about 10 minutes, then running for 5 minutes. Even though I feel a bit winded after the run, I know before the cycle I'd only last 2 minutes running and feel like crap afterwards, maybe part of that also has to do with the keto diet I was using at the time.

I'm just sort of blabbering now. Time to end it.

So overall a successful cycle for you bro. Good for you!
Thanks for logging your expereinces and thanks for the detail that you put in.
Keep in touch bro and take care.
Best regards
Zed

Top Bottom