Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

fat fast/ only protein

Arti

hey i have a friend who is doing his version of the fat fast in which he does: cardio on empty stomach, eat only 150 grams of protein a day and has one spoon flax a day ... he is taking NO drugs but does take hydroxycut twice a day and continues to lift heavy weights, for the last 3 weeks he has been on this and SAYS he lost .5 pounds of lmb and about 15 pounds of pure fat ( from 165 to 150 ) he is 5'6 ...is this possible ... or is he twisting the truth a tad???!!:)
help me out please, as there is money on this ( kids with too much time on their hands ) hehe!!

I'd say, that hes lost more muscle than .5
How is he measuring his loss of muscle compared to fat?

i believe that he is using calipers, but i have seen him this morning and he does look a LOT leaner, he never was fat but never was cut, now i can say he is showing goooood definition ... but i always thought too much protein would turn into carbs - sugar .... or is this only applicable AFTER your body has taken all the protein that it need ... he must need only 150 grams a day then right?
:)

Also alot of that weight is water.

About 95% of that is water. When you're practicing low carb dieting you can basically ignore all scale weight for the first week because it's going to be nothing but water. I wouldn't recommend even paying attention to what the scale says until you are a week to 10 days into your diet.

Last edited:
yeah but i forgot to mention that he was already on a keto diet before that and switched straight into the protein only diet : he was on 75% fat and 25% protein, but then figured that he needed only 150 grams of protein per day and ate only that much for 2 weeks ... so that means water weight was already accounted for ...

Here's the probable break down of his weight loss:
Out of 15lb-> 3-5lb of muscle, 5-7lb of water, 1-3 lb of fat-loss. I am ballparking it, but the truth is, that PROTEIN only is just not a feasible idea. I have experiment with virtually every diet out there, in order to preach from experience, and this type of diet just does NOT work with the cardio/calorie/weight-training ratios he is using. (plus I do not recommend a diet based on only protein)
Mr.X:cool:

okay thanks everyone for your input : i think i ll be making some money on this one hehe !!
so basically Mr X what you are saying is a high protein diet like this really wont wrok to lose just fat , BUT i read in another post that the real FATFAST you stated as being ' DAMN EFFECTIVE' but hard to stick to ....is that right, so anyone wanting to lose the weight that he claims to have lost should supplement with flax oil right?
just wondering as he has convinced some friends to go on his diet but I dont want them to jeopardize too much muscle ...if addind flax ( ie fat fast) would help that out ...right ?
sorry ... long winded sentences but late here in Calgary and need to sleep ... !! but i do appreciate everyones help ... :)

Fat-Fast is based on 'Ketosis' as well as a high calorie deficit. This is why Fat-Fast will not make you loose as much muscle as just protein alone (what twinlab used to call the "protein diet"), for 'Ketones' are protein sparing and can promote less muscle loss.

If your friend has any arguments, then say this:
EX: Joe, well do you agree that eating fat will promote fat-loss? (brush in "atkins" ketosis and all)
Yes
Then, will eating just protein promote protein to be used as a primary fuel?
NO!!!
Well, let's use reason, 58% of ingested protein can be broken down into glucose, so, in turn, from 150 g protein, well over 80 g of protein will be used for "energy" and only 70 will be left for any muscle maintanance. Simply, look at the fact that you are only getting by with 0.5 g protein per lb of bodyweight. And from here you can see the problem.
Mr.X
:cool: :cool:

Top Bottom