Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

FACT: people without college degress make more than people who do!!!!

It all depends on your degree. My bachelor's degree is pretty useless, and I wound up going to work in a totally unrelated field next to people with no degrees. I do know people who earned degrees in other in-demand fields who pulled close to 6 figures straight out of school.

I'm now working on a doctorate degree in a professional field, which will definitely be giving me a substantial income after graduation. :)

Maybe in the last few decades this was true, because it is for my dad and all his brothers, and well... bill gates... but these days it isn't that easy. It just won't cut it.

in the beginning you may pull ahead by a little, but 10 years from now statistically they will be making about 4 times what you are. You will level off quickly and they will pull ahead.

Re: dude

karson said:
those who can do, those who cant teach. all i learned in college was that I loiked beer in the morning and people change. College cost me more than money, i lost my girlfriend too.......

Dumbass comment of the year........

I obviously couldnt do science because I only had a good degree (2nd in year) a Ph.D and 16 papers in 5 years (approx. 3 times more than most with the same level of exerience)........so I became a teacher.

Re: dude

karson said:
those who can do, those who cant teach. all i learned in college was that I loiked beer in the morning and people change. College cost me more than money, i lost my girlfriend too.......
While I agree that academics does not necessarily lead to money, you are wrong about professors being people who couldn't make it in the real world. Professors at good universities have very difficult jobs that require high intelligence and mental fortitude. Getting a PhD is twice as difficult as performing most jobs out there.

I think most people who scoff at education see it as just a means of getting a job. I see it as a way to develop my mind in a way that is difficult to find outside of academia. It's also very good for networking, if used properly.

First of all, college is gay. try University.

now even if i could make more money working right away, which in my situation in my country i doubt, I would still study.

for education is not preparation for life, it is life itself.

and a higher education, to me, is an essential part of that

there should be more to receiving some form of higher education than just 'earning more money.'

what about learning new ideas and concepts? what about trying to push the envelope just a bit further?

Top Bottom