Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Explain Persian to me

LoneTree said:
Lestat, I am sorry for what I said to you. I was wrong and I shouldn't have done it, and I apologize.
I was just sick and tired of all that BS of 'my religion is better than yours' and I lost my temper.
If you believe in a God, any God, then you believe that one God created this whole universe. That one God created all human beings, no matter what our shade of skin.
Why would God the Creator hate any of His/Her creations?
Most of my life, I was athiest, a rebel against God. I couldn't understand why would God create so much injustice and misery in his world. That is exactly how a very famous rebellious Muslim poet described his feelings about God. He went even a step further and wrote:
'He takes revenge (the day of the judgement), God is indeed small. God is the fake jewelry that has no gold in it. SHK (his name) doesn't take revenge. God is even smaller than SHK.'
A few years ago, it suddenly dawned to me that how could this huge universe can come into being without a Creator?
Fortunately, just around that time, I discovered Sufis or Sufiism.
Sufis are Muslims who literally have this faith: When there was nothing, there was God. Nothing could be created from nothing. So the whole universe, everything, was created FROM God. Sufis don't fear but they love their Creator. If you really love your Creator, you also have to love all of His creations.
They go one step further: God is everywhere and God is in everything. The only thing separating you from your Creator is your sense of 'me' - your ego. Destroy it, and you would become part of Him, not in the afterward but in this world: 'Annhilation in God', that is their objective.
That is why they are one of the most tolerant among most religions.

And do you know 70-80% Muslims are the followers of the Sufis?
Why you don't see that on TV? They don't say shocking things to make it 'news-worthy'.
Probaly when someone says that my religion is better than yours, the person is actually saying that I am better than you. Faith has nothing to do with it.
apology accepted.

I went for a nice 4 mile run along the beach today, then stopped, sat on the sand, and watched the sun go down.

I thought a lot of "god" or the idea of god. I can't say how everything came to be, but I can say there are a lot of amazing things in the world, this universe, but to me that doesn't prove that there is a god, it proves that things are amazing.

"Nature" could be god, energy could be god, who knows, but from my perspective it just seems ridiculous to see man try time after time after time to put a box around god, define god, tell us his nature, his will, his personality and demeanor, to me that seems just preposterous, but that is just me. Of course the religious types will tell you that god speaks to us and tells us these things. Well, here's an idea, if god is almighty and create all this wonderful amazing greatness, then god sure as hell can tell people EXACTLY what he would like them to know, and not speak in parables, metaphors and extremely cryptic messages. Maybe the whole jesus thing didn't work out quite as planned, why not try something again, but this time make it so that there will be no doubt? Nah, that would just be too easy I suppose.

LoneTree said:
If you believe in a God, any God, then you believe that one God created this whole universe. That one God created all human beings, no matter what our shade of skin.
Why would God the Creator hate any of His/Her creations?
Most of my life, I was athiest, a rebel against God. I couldn't understand why would God create so much injustice and misery in his world. That is exactly how a very famous rebellious Muslim poet described his feelings about God. He went even a step further and wrote:
'He takes revenge (the day of the judgement), God is indeed small. God is the fake jewelry that has no gold in it. SHK (his name) doesn't take revenge. God is even smaller than SHK.'
A few years ago, it suddenly dawned to me that how could this huge universe can come into being without a Creator?
Fortunately, just around that time, I discovered Sufis or Sufiism.
Sufis are Muslims who literally have this faith: When there was nothing, there was God. Nothing could be created from nothing. So the whole universe, everything, was created FROM God. Sufis don't fear but they love their Creator. If you really love your Creator, you also have to love all of His creations.
They go one step further: God is everywhere and God is in everything. The only thing separating you from your Creator is your sense of 'me' - your ego. Destroy it, and you would become part of Him, not in the afterward but in this world: 'Annhilation in God', that is their objective.
That is why they are one of the most tolerant among most religions.

And do you know 70-80% Muslims are the followers of the Sufis?
Why you don't see that on TV? They don't say shocking things to make it 'news-worthy'.
Probaly when someone says that my religion is better than yours, the person is actually saying that I am better than you. Faith has nothing to do with it.
I'd say faith has everything to do with it as it's impossible to settle the question of god/gods empirically or logically so it boils down to belief or lack thereof in the absence of compelling evidence or convincing logic.

Personally I believe in a 23 foot tall badger called Simon. We Siminionities are also very tolerant of other religions however we still think ours is better than yours because if it wasn't we wouldn't have anything to believe in.

JayC9 said:
Personally I believe in a 23 foot tall badger called Simon. We Siminionities are also very tolerant of other religions however we still think ours is better than yours because if it wasn't we wouldn't have anything to believe in.

I like to call my 23 foot badger, Peter.

We think we are better than you Siminionites, but we usually keep that to ourselves.

All Hail Peter the Badger! Hail! Hail!

Y_lifter said:
I'm thinking that the fertile crescent covers enough area and is so
old of a term that I'm fairly safe with my post.

The term "Fertile Crescent" is usually associated with Mesopotamia, which is present-day Iraq, but the whole crescent included Egypt and the Levant.

I think you're fairly not safe at all.

fertile%20crescent.jpg

^^Note that the green area does not include Iran^^

Mr. dB said:
The term "Fertile Crescent" is usually associated with Mesopotamia, which is present-day Iraq, but the whole crescent included Egypt and the Levant.

I think you're fairly not safe at all.
fertile%20crescent.jpg

^^Note that the green area does not include Iran^^

Damn, you mean you're not gonna spot me a couple of hundred miles
on this ? Harsh...

Last edited:
"Egypt was old, older than any culture known at the time. It was already old when the political policy of the future Roman Empire was being formed in the first meetings on the Capitoline Hill. It was already old and blighted when the Germans and Celts of the north European forest were still hunting bears. When the first dynasty came into power about five thousand years ago . . . marvelous cultural forms had already been evolved in the land of the Nile. And when the twenty-sixth dynasty died out, still five hundred years seperated Europian history from our era. The Libyans ruled the land, then the Ethiopians, the Assyrians, the Persians, the Greeks, the Romans -- all before the star shone over the stable at Bethlehem."
-C. W. Ceram,​
Gods, Graves and Scholars (1951)​

This topic reminded me of this quote I read not too long ago. The past is an elusive concept to grasp.

Top Bottom