Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

exercises for glutes?

cman

What are some exercises to firm the buttocks. My girlfriend would also like to know exercises to decrease hip size? Any thoughts would be appreciated

cman said:
What are some exercises to firm the buttocks. My girlfriend would also like to know exercises to decrease hip size? Any thoughts would be appreciated

SQUATS. When I started to do squats my ass grew so quickly that I needed to buy myself new set of pants!

Too loose hip size you need to decrease your bodyfat levels. Other than that, it is genetic.

Stiff leg deadlifts hit the hams and glutes very well.

hey, cman. you've gotta tell you're gf to start walking at 15% incline and at 3.0 speed... then go down to 2.5 (lowest) for as close to 60 min as possibly possible, taking HUGE steps and clenching da boodie bery bery much. it's almost as if you are doing lunges the whole time, stepping as far forward as possible. i just started doing this and it is definately giving me some tight buns, much different effect than running, and easier, imo. you DO break a crazy sweat. very much worth it. she will feel her entire legs and ass super tight for the rest of the day!!!!! this way, a significant drop in bf% can be achieved while maintaing muscle. :eek: ooh la la. just an idea. i'm liking the effects so far. good luck. and tell her to aim for the whole 60!!!! the more you do it, the easier it gets. oh, yeah and lots of SQUATS, SQUATS and more SQUATS. (both of these work hips and boodie... trust me, i'm right there with her)

Older folks like me have another problem. The butt decides to pack its bags and move down south (otherwise known as sag! )
To coax it back, I've been doing:

stiff-leg and/or Romanian dead-lifts
squats
walking lunges
single-leg leg presses
treadmill walking on a steep incline
going up the stairs 2 or 3 at a time

Another thing I do is lie face-down on a flat bench with my legs hanging over the edge. Then I lift my legs and hold, concentrating on squeezing my glutes hard for a few seconds at the top. When that gets easy, do it holding a dumbell between your ankles. Be careful not to over arch in the back, just go up far enough to get a good glute squeeze.

These exercises are good butt builders or elavators, just really concentrate on using your glutes in each exercise.

Also, if you have access to a rowing machine, this is a very fine way to TOAST those buns.

I second or third the opinion that for a tight ass do..

Lunges
Steep incline treadmill walk 45-60 min (damn, it hurts!)
Squats (lighter weight, but go lower):alien:

i can't believe i forgot to mention cardio kickboxing. like whoa. this is no joke. and the floor exercises at the end are killer. a very therapeutic execrice, imo.

STIFF LEGS DEADLIFT STIFF LEGS DEADLIFT STIFF LEGS DEADLIFT!!

I do stiff legs deadlift 3X20 (with the barbell) and I really squeeezzze my butt
Cable kick back 3X20
That's it for specific exercices for my butt
I also do squat (heavy) 15-12-10
Hack squat 12-12-12
AND IT KICKS ASS!!!

LG

Top Bottom