Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Everyone lets critique needsize's physique

I would first like to say that you are lookin' good, and your physique is much better than mine. I'm just doing whatcha asked.

I have to agree with BenchMonster abou the calves. It was the very first thing I thought about. I'm pretty sure that you blast them but that is weakest link on your body.

Other than that I have no quarrels or beefs. I think that you have done a great job.

GGG

You look really good dude. I think everyone touched on what I was going to say as well. Keep on growing.

... Oh, one thing, upload some more poses of yourself. Then you could get a full critique of everything.

Thanks guys, I do have more shots, just need to get that roll of film developed and I'll post a few more. I have been focusing on calves for the past year, but the goddamn things just don't want to grow. Triceps is something that I forgot about, but you're right, in a front double bi shot my bi's and tri's look the same size, but the tri's should look bigger so there is some work to do.
This is why i'm taking another year too add hopefully at least another 20lbs before attempting a local competition

re calfs

hey needsize...

First off great picks lots of hard work there .... Just wondered what rep range your using on your calf exercises? I find for me personally that my calfs dont respond to anything under 15 reps and that I have to pile on the weight in work in that rep range and higher... Once again,, sweet job

Vigorous

Re: re calfs

Vigorous said:
hey needsize...

First off great picks lots of hard work there .... Just wondered what rep range your using on your calf exercises? I find for me personally that my calfs dont respond to anything under 15 reps and that I have to pile on the weight in work in that rep range and higher... Once again,, sweet job

Vigorous

Thanks, I hit them heavy in the 12-15 rep range, and split them up into 2 workouts, one that consists of mostly standing work, the other is mainly seated stuff with the knee at a 90 degree angle. I was gaining some size on them, but when I started to diet and do cardio, I lost 1/2 inch right off the bat

I think that your calves actually look pretty good compared to your boneframe. Look at your ankles and the size of your feet...your calves are a lot bigger than your ankles.

You have big quads (teardrops) which make your calves look smaller from that angle too. It is very hard to flex your calves when you are flat footed for sure. The RAZOR might help a lot with the look...

I lightened up your pic a bit and it did make you look a little different...but you can see that you aren't really lacking in much at all...

B True

Looking good, good shape and proportion.

Overall your calves need to be bigger, both the gastrocs and the shin muscles at the front.

For this particular pose, some extra triceps size and side delt width would help round it out nicely. But overall pretty good - your chest is big enough to blend in with the front delts.

Excellent traps

You have a very similar type of frame as me, same height too :)

I'm tyelling ya, if you want the surefire to blow up your calves get something like the strength shoe or Jump soles and walk in the them. If you can take the burn you will add inches to your calves in 2-3 months no sweat. Start with 5 mins 3 times a week and build up to 30-45mins.

Size isn't everything - you can compete now and do very well in a local show! You need practise, so get the first one out of the way. You can learn a hell of a lot in the first one you enter - things like how dark to get, what oil is best, poses you need to learn to do etc etc. Work on posing, most BB'ers have crap posing smoothness :)

Last edited:
I am no where near you, but I agree with the rest of the guys, your calves need to be brought up, however maybe the angle of the legs doesnt help as u cant really see them full on if you get my meaning.

Other than that, I think that you are looking awesome and are a great inspiration.

Keep up the hard work and dedication

Respect

Top Bottom