Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

EF daily post limit. yay or nay?

stilleto

ELITE MENTOR
EF VIP
on one hand, it would stop the attention whores from posting 200 times a day. half of which are often :lmao: or "lol"

on the other hand, what if you were close to the limit and a good subject came up. or maybe you think that's censorship?

thoughts?

yeah i'm all for it!!! would be a great way to continue to suck the life outta this place!

i vote no

i don't see a problem with too many posts, just too many stupid posters

I think we should only get 3 honks a month on the car horn, because people honk the car horn too much. 3 honks, that's the limit. And then someone cuts you off, ffffft, you press your horn, nothing happens.

You're like, "shit! I wish I did not see Ricky on the sidewalk!"

stilleto said:
really? i thought you'd be against it (being a coldblue fan).

but that's cool. :)
im a huge coldblue fan, probably his biggest

and I was being sarcastic, it seems like over the past few years the site has done things to reduce overall participation, which is fine, if that is the goal.

I'd like to see if the sales numbers are up or down since some of the changes like restricting the search to plat members, making karma come out of your own pocket, etc. If revenues are up, then yes, I'd say it makes great sense to also establish a limit on posting, which would do a couple of things:
1) drive some people away
2) force some people to post daily just to hit their quota, regardless of whether or not they had anything of any value to say

I'm surprised this thread was even made, usually the way things work is, implement new rules/plan, think about it after

attention whores? lol. Maybe some are just friendly and like to validate someone's post by posting an "lol" or a ":lmao:" in return.

Perhaps we should put a limit on people posting nude avatars that are an inch away from pink and then calling others "attention whores" Perhaps even ban threads calling others "attention whores" so that they can get some attention.

Hmmmmm...

I might vote for that.

and another salient point to show how ass backwards thinking is around here.

Before you started limiting aggregate post count per day, you might want to first look at limiting NEW THREADS per day.

You can easily envision a case where someone would need to post 100 times a day, but its tough to imagine needing to start more than a handful of threads per day (except maybe in the bookie forum or Picture of Women, something like that)

Top Bottom