Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

EAS Myoplex 42 Pack waste of money?

cajunbob

Heya all. I was wondering what your thoughts are on the EAS Myoplex protein packets that come in packs of 42 and have 40g of protein each.

I drink three protein shakes a day to keep my protein intake high. My first two shakes consist of a scoop of Optimum Nutrition 100% whey, 8oz of milk, tbs of peanut butter and a bannana all blended together. Yum!

My third shake is usually a Myoplex pack with crushed ice and a bannana.

42 packets at $55 bucks a shot is starting to seem like a waste of money to me. Especially since the packets are pretty high in carbs and I am already getting more carbs then I want.

Am I wasting my money? Should I just switch to EAS Simply Whey or some other protein powder for my third shake? Or is there any added benefit to consuming these high priced Myoplex packets.

Your thoughts and comments are appreciated.

Keep Lifting,

Bob

cajun - you may want to re-evaluate thinking Myoplex isn't worth the price. If you're finding the box of 42 servings for $55, then you're probably paying a lot less than the average joe who doesn't know where to look. That comes out to $1.31/serving. Tell me that's not as good quality as (or better) than eating protein bars that cost $2-3 each. Other people pay $2-3/serving of their whey protein (expensive, but people do it).

I've bought Myoplex in bulk off eBay -- enough to last me 3 months or so -- and it came out to about $1.15/serving. Personally, I think that's a pretty damn good deal!

'Course, if you are desiring to cut back on your carbs then that homebrew protein shake you're making sounds like a good one. You control what you're putting in (bump that up to 2 scoops of whey) and you can still make a quality, but inexpensive MRP of your own. It's all up to you, but Myoplex is quality stuff in my opinion, if you find it for a good price. Paying retail is downright crazyness. Check around for your whey, you don't need to go with just EAS. Search on the board for protein powder and you'll get various suggestions and opinions.

Who do you get your Myoplex from on ebay? I love that stuff. It's the best shake I've ever had and I've tried a lot. I can only find it at GNC and I hate that place. They are way to expensive! But like I said, it's my favorite.

The best thing about meal replacements is marketing.

Stay with protein that has whey and milk add 1 tbsp of flax oil with milk or 1/2 juice 1/2 water with fruit.

Who do you get your Myoplex from on ebay? I love that stuff. It's the best shake I've ever had and I've tried a lot. I can only find it at GNC and I hate that place. They are way to expensive! But like I said, it's my favorite.

Steelheart said:
The best thing about meal replacements is marketing.

Stay with protein that has whey and milk add 1 tbsp of flax oil with milk or 1/2 juice 1/2 water with fruit.

Maybe so, in many instances. The fact is, I'm trying to up my protein, carbs & total calories, and this is a good way to help between solid food meals. If I can bring one or two of these to work to add to my other meals (I look like I'm bringin' in the whole fuckin grocery store when I walk in to work), get 300-400 calories, 42g protein (plus milk) & extra carbs (maltodextrin) and only pay $1.15/serving, why the hell not? Depending on what whey protein you buy, that may or may not be just slightly higher priced than a comparable serving of the same g's of protein. The flax oil is always a good addition, but virtually saying a regular protein shake is just as good as any MRP is B.S. It all depends bro.

Who do you get your Myoplex from on ebay?

You think I'm revealing my source so I'll have buying competition? :D j/k -- look up "gotprotein". He's upped his "Buy It Now" prices a bit, but if there's not much buyer competition then you might even get it cheaper than I did. Good luck.

Damn! 51 bucks is cheap!. I procrastinated and waited until I was on my last packet before shopping for more. I had to go to GNC. My ass certainly does hurt after the $80 raping I got.

EAS.....how can ya stand the flavor???

Guys...are you telling me that you really like the flavor? I have no doubt that the stuff is good for ya, but I just can't make myself swallow the stuff. Not one of the flavors the EAS has tastes good to me.

What do you do to make it go down easier?

the box calls for 15 oz of water or milk. I use 26 oz of skim milk in a blender. Keeps it from being too thick and makes it easier to chug. Changing the flavor every time helps too, which is why I buy the variety pack.

No MRP is going to taste "good" but Myoplex is by far the best I've tried, and I've been experimenting with shakes for 10 years.

Top Bottom