Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Drinking ice-cold water = elevated metabolism??

Thanks for those links, Hansel.... I appreciate it very much. Karma for you.

Thanks for your imput everyone.... I think we've concluded that you don't burn a significant amount of calories or raise your BMR significantly by drinking ice-water, unless it's in copius quantities.

That should be ammunition enough for me to win the argument.

I'm going back in!!!.....

mbridge said:
heating a liter of water by 1 degree celsius is the equivalent of 1 food calorie.

hmmm... u sure it's not 1 cal = unit of energy required to heat 1 ml of water 1 degree C?

there have been threads about this before and i believe it came out that you would burn a maximum of 100 cals a day additionally if you only drank ice cold water.

like Ceebs, i would rather diet longer or do 10 more minutes of cardio instead of freezing my brain like that.

There was a post about it and someone had figured it all out. It's not 100 calories a day. They figured it by drinking a gallon of 32 degree water per day, and it wasn't close to 100 calories per day. 50 sounds more like it but that might even be an overstatement. But to answer your question, yes, it does require energy to heat the water, therefore calories are lost.

100 ways to burn a hundred calories

Hey whats this 100 ways to burn 100 calories thing you speak of? damn I kinda got a mild case of ADD, so I pretty much tap my foot 2000 times without noticing daily anyways...whats some of this other stuff that is on there?

Re: 100 ways to burn a hundred calories

krayziefresh said:
Hey whats this 100 ways to burn 100 calories thing you speak of? damn I kinda got a mild case of ADD, so I pretty much tap my foot 2000 times without noticing daily anyways...whats some of this other stuff that is on there?

A few that I remember...
  • play "thumb war" very intensively for 20 minutes with a partner (no "snakes in the grass")
  • scratch a butt for 30 minutes
  • twist both nipples for 2 hours

O.k. fine I made those up (the foot tapping one is real though). But there was an article like this... I believe I saw it in Men's Health a couple years ago... maybe you could search for it on their website.

If u can't drink that whole gallon of icewater a day you can always try icewater enemas....

Right now i am sitting in front of my computer, tapping my feet and drinking a glass of liquid nitrogen, I begin to feel cut already...

cuts - you're partially right...1 calorie is the unit of energy required to heat one ml of water 1 degree C...however, food energy is measured in KiloCalories, or Calories with a capital C, one of which equals 1000 calories.

gonelifting said:

That`s funny because I have to walk up a looong flight of stairs to get my icewater. So by the time I get up there I don`t really need to drink it, do I?

Then I stand there with the water in my hand, wondering if I should drink or not. By the time I decide, It`s warm and It does`nt make sense anymore. So I go back down stairs.

I`ve lost 15 pounds doing this.
lol

Top Bottom