Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does this look like a good cutting CKD diet?

Hellawulf

6'2" 190 pounds- Bill Starr's 5x5 workout Mon, Wed, Fri, and HIIT Tue, Thur, Sat

2013 Calories
Protein
225 g

Fats
107 g

Saturated Fat
18.3 g

Cholesterol
455 mg

Sodium
885 mg

Fiber
9.3 g

Vitamin A
22,042+ IU

Vitamin C
11.3 mg

Calcium
378 mg

Iron
14.9 mg

Potassium
2,808 mg

9:50 am - 2 tblspns canola oil, 1 scoop whey protein
11:30 am Workout
1 pm - Can Tuna, Cup of Carrots, 1/2 Cup of peanuts
3 pm - "9:50"
5:30 pm - Joy of Tokyo - got steak and chicken with no sauces on them, and mixed vegetables
8 pm - Celery and peanut butter

IMHO the one thing I notice most in keto is how downright dry I get. I'd consume a bit more sodium, potassium and magnesium while drinking more water to prevent this... There's nothing worse than feeling very thirsty and pissing clear all day. I like to take a 1/2 tsp of "half salt" (500mg sodium to 680mg potassium) across my shake and two other (large 1L) flavored sugarfree drinks. Helps a lot if you're prone to dehydration.

As for the diet, did you really consume ~140g of protein across the steak and chicken? I find people grossly overestimate the calories and especially protein content of meats.

I also drank a Casein Protein shake right before bed. I accidently left that out. But all of my values came from a calorie counter website were I just put in the amount of everything that I ate. As for being thirsty, I've been good on that but I am worried about the sheer amount of calories I'm taking in. I'm 20 years old, and I'm not sure if I'm taking in enough. Today I felt unusually sore for having only done my Monday workout in 5x5 (usually I'm good afterwards) plus I feel kind of drained of energy. Is that normal for just starting CKD?
I want to cut fat fairly quickly, but I don't want to deflate too much, I've worked hard for the little amount of muscle I have now and don't really want to lose much...
Thanks man

hellawolf, your ratios look about the same as mine, though many will say that CKD ratio should be 65%fat/35%protein/5%carbs on low-carb days (yours is about 50/50). Being drained of energy is fairly common in the beginning, I myself noticed it does lessen eventually. Constipation and cramps seem common too, drink tons of water and maybe supplement some fiber and add more low-carb veggies. This is also my first go at this diet but it seems like it's working, I am down about 6lbs in the second week, which is probably water but at least it seems to be working.

hellawolf, your ratios look about the same as mine, though many will say that CKD ratio should be 65%fat/35%protein/5%carbs on low-carb days (yours is about 50/50). Being drained of energy is fairly common in the beginning, I myself noticed it does lessen eventually. Constipation and cramps seem common too, drink tons of water and maybe supplement some fiber and add more low-carb veggies. This is also my first go at this diet but it seems like it's working, I am down about 6lbs in the second week, which is probably water but at least it seems to be working.

Good stuff. Yah, I'm so worried about losing muscle mass I'm focusing more on keeping my protein intake higher, I figured that would help maintein while the ketosis burnt the fat. Yah, I'm drinking WAY more water than I usually do, I've already got a gallon under my belt here at 4:00. This energy things is killing me though. I can't wait for Carb day come friday night!

Thanks man!

Top Bottom