Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

does having a cup of coffee still count as doing cardio on an empty stomach?

LeeJunFan

Yesterday for the first time I tried doing some cardio just after I woke up but I did have a cup of coffee, does this still count as an empty stomach, I had the coffee about 30-45mins before I did the cardio???

yes that counts as long as it wasn't loaded with sugar and creamer. Black with some Splenda or something. But you will find that many people have some coffee before cardio. I Do.

I woke up pretty late today, it was about 2:30pm, I was playing squash at 4:00pm so I thought I would hold out on eating anything until after then, I had a cup of coffee at about 3:00pm and played squash until about 5:15pm, I got back to my house at about 5:45pm and had a protein shake (with water) at about 6:15pm, I will next eat at about 7:30pm and that will probably be my last meal of the day, I know I have very much under-eaten today but I am not really too concerned with muscle-loss.

Catabolism bro

you'd better eat before or just after cardio
At least some protein

if it did, i'd be down to 6% bf levels........................NOT!!!!!!!

hey rnch, u live in Nawlins huh? Im only bout and hour or so away from ya. I live in Gulfport, MS. What a small world.

I add 1 tsp. non dairy powderd milk and some stevia or splenda to my morning coffee before cardio :)

Anthrax said:
Catabolism bro

you'd better eat before or just after cardio
At least some protein
Well, he needs to mention if this is low intensity high duration or high intensity low duration cardio. I assume that it is not the latter.

Drink some water first and I think some caffiene from coffee is no big deal. If your motivation is optimizing fat burning and minimizing muscle loss then you are fine. The main thing is not giving your body anything to burn for energy during your workout. Once you are done with your 45 minute to 1 hour AM session, consuming protein is a necessity.

Keep in mind that the goal is to jumpstart metabolism, preserve muscle and improve energy and cardiovascular health.

What about those energy drinks (sugar free) on an empty stomach before cardio?

I would assume that a sugar-free energy drink would, like coffee, contain caffeine so it would be just the same, the cardio I do is play squash, I wouldn't really know what category to put it in, low intensity or high!?!?!

Top Bottom