Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does anyone here thrive on Atkins type diet?

gwl9dta4

Man since i started this diet i have been feeling great. Every week a little more fat disspears in different places on my body. I have had no trouble making the changeover from eating carbs to eating no carbs, none. I had zero cravings when i started. Today i am in the 4th week and feel great. So far i lost about 10 lbs of fat and actually gained muscle as i am stronger and my muscles are harder then before.

I do carb load 1 day per week but really do not like doing so. Carbs suck. But i do it to keep my metabolism functioning properly. All in all i feel there is no "best" diet, everybody is different and i tried alot of diets and they all failed at making me loose fat. but this one is succeding where all others failed.

Fuck a Ketosis diet.... It's all about Kcal in < Kcal out!!!!!!
ANd just keep in mind to watch the grams of sugar, fat and carbs....
Thats all!

Good for you....if you found something that fits into your lifestyle that is a "healthy" alternative to what you were doing before, keep it up.

Ryan

P.S. Many people swear by low carb diets....I think it really varies from person to person

Why carb load on the Atkin's Diet? By doing so, you're only limiting your supposed fat mobilizing/lipolysis days. Your body will take a couple of days to get back into ketosis after a carb up day. If you are having one of these every week, it seems like you're in a way defeating the purpose. I am no expert, so I may be off base, but if you are enjoying the fat loss from the Atkin's Diet so much, then why carb load every week?
Keep in mind, I have never tried the Atkin's Diet, but I am familiar with the diet and have read most of his literature.
But, if it's working for you, stick with it man. Good luck to you.

Good for you, I too tend to thrive on a low-carb diet. Carb loads on atkins help in maintaining muscle, raising leptin, and for me always greatly helped with the psychological pressures of dieting.

I got sick of feeling like crap after my carb-up too so I ate high-carb meals on Wed then again on Sun after training (If I didnt train I usuallly used ALA with the meals). Helped me reduce bloating and general sluggishness I felt, anyway, good luck and if its working, stick to it :)

I am on a 'lower carb' diet, not the atkins, and I go 12 days on the diet, and then 2 carb up days. I have heard that is a good combination because them it gives your bodies 12 days to lose weight, recover, and maximize the benefits of the low carb diet, versus carbing up 1 day a week.

Thoughts on that?

jc00l471 said:
Fuck a Ketosis diet.... It's all about Kcal in < Kcal out!!!!!!
ANd just keep in mind to watch the grams of sugar, fat and carbs....
Thats all!

Well it would be nice if ti was this simple. But unfortunately it's not. But as to the datails on why not is outside of the scope of this post as it would take up a whole book, i can share with you my personal experince.

See this is not the first time i dieted, not by far. I have been bodybuilding in the past for a total of about 6 years. I started at about 180 lbs and over years worked to a weight as high as 275-280 lbs. Since quitting the lifestyle i have been gradually, over the years putting on fat. So in my attempts to controll weight i have tried just about all the diets out there, all at a caloric deficit with cardio and training involved. My results? Well some days i would have really full muscles with tight skin/fat, then on other days i had flat muscles with nicely full fat cells, making me look pudgy. This would not change no matter what i did in terms of calories.

But when i disregarded counting calories and dropped ALL carbs, my strenght shot up, weight plummeted down energy levels increased. So for me it's not really all about calories in = calories out. For me, at least, insulin plays a BIG role. Therefore carbs are evil to me. A one day carbup is all i need to keep the progress going.

SirMack -

I have an article from one of the bodybuilding magazines online where they talk about extending the low-carb period to 10-12 days and how it increased fat-loss by more than 100% (Longer period in ketosis results in more fatty acid utilization). They structered their diet like Body-Opus with lifting on Mon+Tuesday aerobics for the rest of the week until a depletion workout then carb-up for two days. If I can find the article on my computer, I'll post it.

I carb load every 4 days, and you're right, it sucks. I just feel like crap the next day, and I don't even carb load that heavy. I'm in cutting mode right now, so I'm curious about the article that extends the carb depletion longer. I was debating trying that just to see how I felt. The plan I'm following (Natural Hormonal Enhancement) doesn't recommend going that long w/out a carb load (the plan actually has you load on the 3rd and 7th day of the week - I've already extended it to every 4th day). However, NHE wasn't necessarily setting guidelines for competition level leanness. Has anyone else extended the length of time between carb loads? If so, did it help you lose fat faster?

Top Bottom