Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

do you have any local Christmas song favorites that you don't hear in other places?

rnch

not a mentor
EF VIP
a local favorite or a traditional song done by a local group?

since i started this thread; you can correctly assume "I" do:

"please come home for Christmas" by charles brown. although he is not a local guy, i have never heard this song played in other major cities. i'v heard it played all my life, even on radio stations that do not play "oldies". it is a slow dancing, belt buckle polishing favorite here. it's also on the sountrack of the 1980's movie "diner".

"all i want for Chrismas is you" by vince vance and the valiants. tripple-v is a local band, know primarily for their covers of 50's and 60's music. this song has a full, lush arrangement complimented by the soaring, pure vocals of the female lead singer...barbara memendez, i think.

"ave maria" by the great aaron neville. who wudda thought that high pitched, angelic voice would come out of a man who looks like he does?

here in new orleans the old and new co-exist in harmony...we don not throw out the past with yesterday's trash. one of the many, many reasons i am proud to call this city "home".

ya'll please post up your local favorites.

I put Christmas bells on my nads while I bang a hawtie. It’s quite rhythmic and seasonally appropriate.

just sayin.

Re: do you have any local Christmas song favorites that you don't hear in other place

"The Night Santa Went Crazy" by Weird Al Yankovic is good for a laugh.

Top Bottom