Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you have an obsessive personality?

do you think obsession is a state of mind or a physical manifestation of an emotional desire?

Do you think moderation and obsession can co-exist?

Moderately obsessive is an oxymoron me thinks.
I hear ya loud and clear...
When I say balance, I mean like its not necessarily more or less, but more of the end of grasping, a quieting of the running mind, Kind of like when I say silence I don't mean the absence of noise, but more of like an inner peace.
So even moderation in the sense of less than obsessive, or more than the minimum, I guess if we are talking quanitity will lead to obsession... moderation I think would mean a certain forced restraint...
So to answer your question no i don't think even moderation is the answer, but more of a total change, but this can only be done by opening the heart, which quiets the mind... as long as the heart is closed and you aren't accepting the present, you will always be prone to obsession or grasping... I'm currently grasping, and this I know...
Last thing when we say state of mind, or physical, those are categories that are all mental... really its all a state of mind.
These are words that indicate the map though, in reality, I'm kinda unfamiliar with the territiory. In other words I often confuse the map for the actual territory.

I hear ya loud and clear...
When I say balance, I mean like its not necessarily more or less, but more of the end of grasping, a quieting of the running mind, Kind of like when I say silence I don't mean the absence of noise, but more of like an inner peace.
So even moderation in the sense of less than obsessive, or more than the minimum, I guess if we are talking quanitity will lead to obsession... moderation I think would mean a certain forced restraint...
So to answer your question no i don't think even moderation is the answer, but more of a total change, but this can only be done by opening the heart, which quiets the mind... as long as the heart is closed and you aren't accepting the present, you will always be prone to obsession or grasping... I'm currently grasping, and this I know...
Last thing when we say state of mind, or physical, those are categories that are all mental... really its all a state of mind.
These are words that indicate the map though, in reality, I'm kinda unfamiliar with the territiory. In other words I often confuse the map for the actual territory.

Technically bro, silence is the absence of sound NOT noise :p

Noise is considered in that context distractions from a set goal or an ultimate purpose IMO, sound is just the absence of silence or the state of being quite. Now I'm digressing :p

So yuo believe that you can control the heart without the mind,i.e. "opening the heart to quite the mind"

I believe the heart and mind must co-exist in an almost perfect harmony or neither will be effective on its own...the heart needs the mid for all forms of rational and logical thinking and the mind needs the heart for all that requires faith and imagination. I think it's quite an elaborate piece of work, kind of the perfect harmony. Don't you think? :)

Technically bro, silence is the absence of sound NOT noise :p

Noise is considered in that context distractions from a set goal or an ultimate purpose IMO, sound is just the absence of silence or the state of being quite. Now I'm digressing :p

So yuo believe that you can control the heart without the mind,i.e. "opening the heart to quite the mind"

I believe the heart and mind must co-exist in an almost perfect harmony or neither will be effective on its own...the heart needs the mid for all forms of rational and logical thinking and the mind needs the heart for all that requires faith and imagination. I think it's quite an elaborate piece of work, kind of the perfect harmony. Don't you think? :)
I could not agree more, and yeah I meant sound.. good eye and ear, Traz, yeah alot of peeps would say that your take is where the male/female uniting the heart and mind, time and space, logic creativity... well is the nature of the universe...
So yeah I would totally agree.

I could not agree more, and yeah I meant sound.. good eye and ear, Traz, yeah alot of peeps would say that your take is where the male/female uniting the heart and mind, time and space, logic creativity... well is the nature of the universe...
So yeah I would totally agree.

Hooowwwaaaaa!

i have all the retaining screws in the light switch and electrical outlets in my haus lined up so that the slots are all up and down.....does that count?

I'm not at all and sometimes wish I was.
Not obsessive, how bout the saints and karma bookie, and trust me, the decision to throw down and engage in battle is passion and a bit of obsession, so I would have to say you got some, moreover, think how hard it was to stop going out, that's a little obsession... you got some bro... you do trust me.

Top Bottom