Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do Muscles Still grow even if their not sore after a workout?

I agree totally but chances are if youve been following a program for a while and then you suddenly change it you would get doms regardless.
Hence the logic of continously changing a program about.

Hey. I get DOMS after pretty much every workout. Soemtimes it's pretty damn intense. If I have a really good leg workout (nearly not being able to bring myself back up on my last rep of squats) my legs get so sore for almost a week after that it stings like a bitch to walk. DOMS that bad is rare though and I only get it in my legs. I don't know if DOMS are necessary for growth (I strongly doubt it though), but I do think that they can be a damn good indicator of a good, intense workout.

Doms or not doms teh only thing that matter is the progression of your weight on teh barbell.
If week by week you increase it go for it disregarding doms.

Soreness is not an indication of growth! Are you getting stronger with each workout? Are you losing bodyfat? Is your body composition changing? Are your clothes fitting tighter? The reasons I ask these questions -- to let you know that there are a lot of indciations of growth. Don't worry about the soreness, just get in the gym and lift the weight. Try to improve your lifts each and every week -- even if it is only by one rep or five pounds. The growth will come.

Top Bottom