Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DiPasquale's Anabolic Diet

maxb01

Has anybody tried DiPasquale's Anabolic Diet?
I'm reading the book and I want to try it when I'll have finished it.

I first began the Anabolic diet in 1996, and I can tell you, it was the only diet that made me get lean. I had never heard of a no carb, high fat diet before, and the idea of it gave me goosebumps. I was a lot lighter back then (152 lbs) but my bodyfat was higher than it is now. Within 8 weeks, my bodyfat went from 13% to 7% and i gained strength and a little bit of muscle. Now, I only weighed about 142 when i finished (at 5 foot 8), but i was a newbie bodybuilder. Today, I weigh just under 180 and my bodyfat hovers around 10% year round, a little less when I want to get lean. It was my first experience with a real bodybuilding diet and recommend it to anyone. Works great!

1) Is that true that being on carb you tend to retain water?

2) What day after the carb up is the best for a photo session?

3) Do you manage to have energy for lifting when on no carb?

4) What do you eat on weekend, just anything you like or do you have to lower fat while you go with the carbs up?

1) Is that true that being on carb you tend to retain water?
Yes you will retain water when you carb up

2) What day after the carb up is the best for a photo session?
The day after in the morning.

3) Do you manage to have energy for lifting when on no carb?
barely... lifting and everything sucks when on this diet.

4) What do you eat on weekend, just anything you like or do you have to lower fat while you go with the carbs up?
I would invest in some Maltodextrin powder and glucose polymers for the first 20 hours. Eat normally the second 20-28 hours. I would keep the fat low in the first 20 hours and raise it a bit in the second.

Sorry, but if you retain water after the carb up, how can the morning after being the best for a photo session?

I know your muscles will be full, but the abs won't be very defined will they? I'd like to get to the photo session with nice defined abs.

For myself, I'd begin carbing up after a Saturday afternoon workout, all the way through Sunday (no ECA during carb up). I would begin my ECA Monday morning. I'd look best by Tuesday evening. Very good pump, water retention would be gone by then. Every week would be consistently better, but I seem to get stale by the 6 or 7 week mark.

I've got one 1 and a half week to go to these photos. I've been using a high protein/low carb/moderate fat until now, would it be advisable to shift to the Anabolic at this stage? Would I look good at the first week?

Then, if carbing up, should I reduce fat to minimum while I raise carbs so to avoid any risk of fat storage?

maxb01 said:
Sorry, but if you retain water after the carb up, how can the morning after being the best for a photo session?

I know your muscles will be full, but the abs won't be very defined will they? I'd like to get to the photo session with nice defined abs.

Well, what I meant by that is that you will retain water if you carb too much. It is a real fine line. There will be a brief period where you look ripped and full and then your body will flatten out. I have found that the morning after a two day carb up (ceasing carbs around 6PM the following day) I look very lean and full. After a few hours and a work-out I will flatten out.

I guess it's all down to personal differences. Indeed this is what DiPasquale says in his book.

Do you carb up low fat, you just eat anything?

DiPasquale's says higher fat carbing up are slower and longer (as lower glycaemic compared to low fat ones).

When you carb up, do you mantain the same level of calories of weekdays?

One last thing, after you've been on this diet for few weeks, is it true what DiPasquale says that you'll be able to lift with no carbs?

Top Bottom