Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet for shredding

zatawe23

I would like to receive some input on a diet for maintaing strength/size while cutting body fat.
I here a lot of great things about carb-cycling/keto diets. I love eating carbs, so I feel as if the reefed days would be highly appreciated. Is this my best bet or should I keep carbs in?
Will obviously be lifting a long with cardio 25 minutes a day.

Don't follow bullshit keto/no carb diets unless you're on a lot of gear. Not a single bodybuilder does that and there is a reason why. About 60% of the weight that comes pouring off the scale the first month is muscle mass. The key is really a combination of all diets. Calories in calories out, while following macros with high protein & eating clean. And don't forget a lot of vegetables for your vitamins. Multi vitamins help too.

An example diet for me at 5'11" and 200 pounds would be 2,500 calories a day, with something around a 40/40/20 split. Protein, carbs, fats respectfully. But I change the macros based on weight. So ill do 200grams protein, whatever calories are left over I'll find out what 20% of that is and fill those calories with healthy fats. Then I fill the rest of the calories with carbs.

The hardest part will be finding how many calories you need daily. Start with your average BRM, and maintain that for a few weeks and see what happens to your weight and strength. Then adjust things from there. And another key is making minor adjustments. I've dropped calories too low, too fast, and stopped dropping weight. Then started dropping in strenght. That's a huge sign you changed things too quick.

A huge part for me was finding what calories worked for me. I heard this and that and trainers told me to do at least 3,000 calories at my body weight. The only problem that comes in to play with what works for the average person is that sometimes people don't have average lives. Me for example, I work at a computer desk all day and the gym is the only real movement I get. So my calories go far lower than that of a construction worker or a grocery store worker that's on their feet all day.

It's a lot to take in at first but it's easy once you get a routine down. I don't have much time in the day so I do a lot of chicken, brown rice and brocoli. I can cook them all in bulk in just a few hours and I'll have enough to pack food for the week. Sweet and simple.

Keto/no carb diets have their place. But mainly it's to look like an underwear model in a short amount of time while on steroids.

Sent from my SM-N900T using EliteFitness

http://www.simplyshredded.com/layne-norton-the-most-effective-cutting-diet.html
Sent from my SM-N900T using EliteFitness

There is a great article I found awhile back when I was in the same boat as you. Detailed, to the point and doesn't focus on a ton of expensive supplements. The article should give you really good insight of what to start searching to get prepared for your path.

Like I mentioned earlier though, it's a lot to take in and I suggest not going crazy. Don't try to buy every single healthy food and make a variety. You'll get burnt out way too quick. Unless you're living at home with mom and dad for free and not working cooking 6-7 meals a night will be insane.

Get a good rice cooker. Cook a large amount of rice, chicken and some steamed brocoli. See how your free time goes with that and incorporate more tasty clean meals from there. And while you're starting just cheat when needed, but avoid it if possible. A lot of guys just dive head first into these things and crash and burn. Maybe even just start doing breakfast and dinner real clean for a but and keep easing into it.

Top Bottom