Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Diet Beginners, READ HERE

Phemomena

I was just skimming the diet boards and seen some people posting things to beginners that really scared me, so i hoped i could help a few people out with here...

There are a number of what could be considered by some as "Extreme Diets" that discussed on this board...

Whether or not these diets are for you is up to you (and in some cases your doctor) to decide. All this post is pointing out is that it is best if you do your research and not jump into any extreme diet.

Beginners to dieting should recognize that the first steps in getting lean/healthy are portion control and moderation in your diet, drastic changes are not generally maintained for an extended period of time and will just leave you feeling more discouraged if you don't have the willpower to maintain.

Before starting any specific diet, ask questions of the more knowledgable posters for the diets you are interested (they're the ones who take the time to explain the diet and understand your current situation and goals), read past posts (use the search function) and make an educated decision on what is best for you and your body...

good luck to all

Sound advice.

<sarcasm>
And while we're at it, I'd like to add the following other warnings to all the people on this board who obviously aren't intelligent enough to know what they're getting into:

-Please consult your doctor/physician before beginning a weight training program.

-Cease usage of weights, cardio equipment, or this messageboard if you experience dizziness, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, or excessive trembling.

-Do not attempt any of the things listed on this board.

-Nobody under the age of 18 may view these diets.

-You are all idiots

-This device complies with part 15 of the FCC rules, operation is subject to the condition that this device does not cause harmful intereference.

-keep out of the reach of children

-Do not use if you are pregnant or lactating.

</sarcasm>

Okay, I'm done. Phemomena (Intentional misspelling?) many people here probably agree with you, but then again, this is a BODYBUILDING forum. There are plenty of healthy lifestyle forums out there; but this one here is designed for people to exchange ideas on the most effective ways to achieve their goals. Try issuing warnings to the anabolics forum. ;)

I hear what you're saying, but please, if a beginner comes to this board asking about diet advice, the first thing he'll do is post his stats, and get flamed into pieces if he's doing something stupid.

Portion control, yes, this needs to be taught to fat old ladies. But the folks here, well....

Keto diets, CKDs, ECAs, etc., these are hardly extreme.

God, I just shed a tear....oh wait, now I woke up
Thanks for the advice...you really taught me something
LOL ;), now I shall become a better man. lol ;)

Now, to be serious, sure I agree with most of the things you said, but, again, on the other hand, I don't really see any "newbie" that will listen to "reason". Remember, when you differentiate people, they become flaw minded with their beliefs, this, in turn, leads to mistakes. Same thing goes for brainwashing.

To add my 2cents=>
NEVER ASK FOR ILLEGAL DRUGS OR, IN FACT, ANY "DRUGS" ON THE BOARD OR EVEN IN THE PRIVATE MESSAGES.
Just because you don't see yourself getting monitored, it doesn't mean you are invistible, it just means, well, simply put, that they are smarter then us.
They=Feds
Trust me, I've been down that road.

Mr.X :cool:

Last edited:
Belial said:
this is a BODYBUILDING forum. There are plenty of healthy lifestyle forums out there; but this one here is designed for people to exchange ideas on the most effective ways to achieve their goals

couldn't agree with you more, but in the way of the Internet, there are people on these boards who are looking for quick fix and/or are very new to any form of dieting... (thus the Beginners subject)

i've seen a few people on here (who i could tell very easily were beginners) get some questionable advice from some (not all) people... (there are few posters who just flame everyone's threads with their own personal opinons...)

I'm just trying to encourage the BEGINNERS to do their research... not every diet is for everyone...

and yes, my name is intentionally mispelled :)

Beginner's have to be careful on these boards because for every good piece of advice given out by somebody that knows whats going on, there are 5 bad pieces of advice given out by retards who think they do.

The Doc

Some @hole's are just that

Man some @hole's are just that you know. There you were phenomena giving some sound advice and the roid dicks couldn't resist being what they truly are.

heheheh lamers:p

Dr. E said:
Beginner's have to be careful on these boards because for every good piece of advice given out by somebody that knows whats going on, there are 5 bad pieces of advice given out by retards who think they do.

The Doc

I couldn't agree more. THAT is what worries me sometimes; idiots giving advice.

And neo_born, shut the **** up. :finger:

yeah whateva :FRlol:
extreme diets? a diet can be labelled "extreme" by you, but the so-called extreme diets in this board (ketogenic) , why are they extreme to you? Because they work well? WTF? All "diets" in this board are ALWAYS critiqued before the person even thinks about starting it. Unless you are currently eating obese-like portions (6 meals @ Mikey d's) then it is ok to jump on to an "extreme diet." If your calories were bulking calories, decrease them by 500/ week to get the metabolism adjusted. In any case, I think there is enough safety on this board about the diets and the advice you gave was unnecessary , IMO.

I'm just trying to encourage the BEGINNERS to do their research... not every diet is for everyone...

erm I thought they came to EF to research and learn?
whatever man, to an extent , that's what EVERYONE is doing. And fuck the advice, as all beginners HAVE to make mistakes. It's part of the game. Perhaps we at EF are there to critique and possibly prevent potential mistakes which could lead to injury etc...but realistically all that is advocated in this board fits everyone except perhaps the third generation, expectant mothers and the morbidly obese .

No it is not ok to jump into an "extreme" diet :mad: (whatever that may mean). This can be very dangerous for certain people especially on the ketogenic diet. Any time you are changing the way you eat drastically (ie. little to no carbs) you should consult a doctor unless you have no health problems and even then its a good idea to check anyways. All it takes is for one person who forgets to mention the are diabetic or whatever and this could send them to the hospital. Not everyone is willing to do research and find out the proper way of doing things.

-End Rant-

Top Bottom