Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

decline bench and dips

D00fy said:
so is decline good for building muscle also?

The only way to know if a particular exercise will work well for you is to try it for a couple of weeks and see if it works for your muscles and biomechanics. The only exceptions to this rule are squats and deadlifts. They're good for everyone.

D00fy said:
SDL goes on back day or leg day?

SDL - stiff leg deadlift? It's predominantly a hamstring exercise with secondary emphasis placed on the glutes and lower back. Check out some of the other training thread for ideas on where to put it in your workout.

dips should be a staple of any chest program. make sure you lean forward and have your elbows pointed away from you, not right on your side pointed behind you. i like doing declines a lot too, they can be used in place of dips (best to cycle them), but my gym at school doesn't have a decline bar bench. :(

frorider, i would say that 75lbs added to dips are good. i can do 75lb for around 8 reps (prob more if i'm a little fresh, i usually do dips after incline most recently). i weigh 160 right now. i usually don't see anyone doing weighted dips at all at my school gym.

I don't know about elbows pointed away from you on dips - I don't think thats right. Decline bench does involve a lot of shoulders, and the range of motion is small - hence the greater amount of weight one can use on it. this is probably why alot of trainees like this exercise. I wouldn't use it as a staple, but for a once in a while variation.

BigChief

I think it depends on the shape of your body as well. When I do the flat bench it hits my shoulders, however, when I do the decline dumbbells it only hits my chest. This could be because I have long arms.

Top Bottom