Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

deads off floor ?

Itdepends where you find your weakness to be.
We used to do mostly pin pulls, but we found we were neglecting a lot of our potential starting power.
We actually train sumo, conventional and with the shrug bar now, and its helps a ton!

The_Monster said:
Itdepends where you find your weakness to be.
We used to do mostly pin pulls, but we found we were neglecting a lot of our potential starting power.
We actually train sumo, conventional and with the shrug bar now, and its helps a ton!

I train with Monster. And when deadlifting I have a problem with the transition from legs to back when pulling conventional. My weakness is not getting weight off the floor.

Between the two movements sumo and trap bar work that we do seems to have covered the bases for hips, glutes, hamstring and lower back. I have been working on my form and slowing myself down at the begining of the lift. I used to dip and jerk the weight off the floor which is bad for my shoulders.

I am not saying what we do will work for everybody. But seems to be working for me and Monster, I am not really built properly to deadlift. I am short with a short torso and my legs are almost as long as Monsters. I am 6-7 inches shorter then Monster. I have worked pretty hard to get my deadlift to where it is at.

Have to do it to get any better at it, every other week a DL movement of some sort, speed deads, something like that.

There's form and also the balls to grip it and rip it, IMO you have to do it to get better.

I think this is why all the Europeans own the DL records... you gotta pull to get better at pulling.

Another reason Europeans own the dealift record is because when our kids are playing little league baseball and basketball, their kids are interested in lifting weights. I love the attention and adoration that powerlifters and strongmen in Europe recieve.

yeah. strongmen in the US just don't get the recognition they deserve.

and although I love WSB training in MOST instances, I thoroughly disagree with them about deadlifts. Obviously their bench and squat training works, but they are lacking in deadlift success by comparison.

I gotta pull. If Idont, then I just don't have "the balls to grip it and rip it"

that's all there is to it, for me. That starting strength, exploding out of the bottom, just can't be mimicked, even with concentric GMs.

I found platform deads helped me a lot. Like Joe said before, I don't have a lot of trouble getting the weight started but had trouble at the end of the lift. I lift sumo off the floor but conventional on platforms.

I made a huge mistake of gaining weight and following the principle of "dont deadlift to get a big deadlift" granted i did speed work with 315 but thats a toy weight then when i finall went to pull i was all fucked up my form and leverages were completely off-im stil trying to fix that up right now and keep switching back from conv to sumo..

i genereally dont have problems getting weights off the floor but i dont slide my hips thru quick enough so i get stuck out in no mans land..Ive been dong lots of dimels and i love pulling from the floor against heavy band tension

i think most people need to pull from a deficit unless you are genetically born to pull

wnt2bBeast said:
I made a huge mistake of gaining weight and following the principle of "dont deadlift to get a big deadlift" granted i did speed work with 315 but thats a toy weight then when i finall went to pull i was all fucked up my form and leverages were completely off-im stil trying to fix that up right now and keep switching back from conv to sumo..

i genereally dont have problems getting weights off the floor but i dont slide my hips thru quick enough so i get stuck out in no mans land..Ive been dong lots of dimels and i love pulling from the floor against heavy band tension

i think most people need to pull from a deficit unless you are genetically born to pull

in the same boat. i get stuck in no mans land. I also think pulling against band tension is a great idea. starting to also throw in some cleans. not sure if they will help me, but I'm gonna give it a run for a little bit

Top Bottom