Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlift bar

NorgePrecision

Are the deadlift bars that are shaped like a diamond better than the straight bars? I've only seen the enclosed diamond bar in my high school gym, so I was wondering if it was as effective.

Pull with a straight bar, you have more choices... conventional, sumo, ultra-wide stance, can incorporate more muscle groups, help strengthen your weak parts.

NorgePrecision said:
Are the deadlift bars that are shaped like a diamond better than the straight bars? I've only seen the enclosed diamond bar in my high school gym, so I was wondering if it was as effective.

its not a deadlift bar..its a trap bar..it allows you to pull more than conventional so to me its kinda useless since you can tuse it in comp

The trap bar moves the center of gravity to the center of the body which does a substantial amount to kill the pulling motion. Even as a trap only device the traps pull up as well as back and tend to respond better to full body dynamic pulling than isolation (deadlift, clean, snatch, power shrug) - IMO unless there is something very specific you are trying to use the bar to target you are best off leaving it in the corner.

Top Bottom