Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dead Lifts: Sore or Injury

I get the same pain, that's why I do deadlifts last...unless the proceeding exercises don't require lower back. Hah I can't even pick up a weight after doing deads.

deadlifts are a bit weird. it never gets the burning or anything when i'm doing the movement, then it starts to lockup. i stop, and 10 minutes later i feel like a million $$$$... and it goes on for the rest of the night.

the soreness is great the day after.

Like supreme said, activate your TA (transverse abdominus) Most people associate core strength with low back and ab strength, when actually your core comes from multifidi and TA...if you can strengthen these you will most likely never suffer a low back injury

Something else that might help with recovery.

After you are done, don't immedaitly go to remove the plates from the bar. Just sort of chill for a bit or do your next exercise, and get the weight off in about 10 minutes.

The pain from trying to do it immediatly afterwards is really bad for me. Just waiting a little while helps. Same with squats.

that was alot of reps you did for your first time.

My first time all i did was three singles. And my lower back was so tight for days that i when i bent over i could barely get back up!

Welcome to deadlifts!

Top Bottom