Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dan John's Tap Tester - CNS measuring tool

I guess I'm not overtrained-overexhausted-overCNSfatiguated yet :supercool

Subjectively my CNS felt fried after yesterday's heavy lower body workout.
Based on feel I would not have worked out today, but the TapTester said otherwise - I did an 80 and then an 85, 9 taps higher than before yesterday's workout.
So I went to gym and what do you know I had a good workout and set PRs across the board!
Goes to show going by feel isn't that accurate :)

CoolColJ said:
Subjectively my CNS felt fried after yesterday's heavy lower body workout.
Based on feel I would not have worked out today, but the TapTester said otherwise - I did an 80 and then an 85, 9 taps higher than before yesterday's workout.
So I went to gym and what do you know I had a good workout and set PRs across the board!
Goes to show going by feel isn't that accurate :)

Well done :)

When you hit the gym, you knew that your CNS had recovered and that you were ready for a good workout
Motiuvation and self confidence = good workout

BTW I just did 84 => good WO expected :supercool

Well as I mentioned above the tapper said my CNS had plenty of juice yesterday and I went to the gym warmed up and did a few light olys and they were flying and snappy, and then after did my regular upperbody workout and got PRs in every exercise I did! Workout was 2.5 hours long too - no problems.

Now today my CNS feels ok for some reason and I tapped out 83 on my first go just then
Waking Heartrate was normal as well.

Hmm two 2-3 hour heavy workout days in a row - and my CNS cruising - who would have thunk :confused:

guess my work capacity is greater than I thought :)

Tom Treutlein said:
110 presses in 10 seconds... good or bad? I just worked out pretty heavy yesteday, body is thrashed - or feels it. Immensely sore.

110 !?
What have you drunk (or injected) ? :D
I did it dozens of time and never managed to go over 85

unless you have a turbo keyboard :)

he is hyped :)
Body maybe sore, but your CNS is in overdrive from the training.

what do you get for 2secs?
Which is more a test of pure speed. I get 20.

It doesn't matter what you measure in any case for 10secs, its a tool to compare your trends over time vs the training components and fatigue generated. Do it the same way everytime, I use my right hand, index finger.

If you use 2 hands it will be faster, but that is cheating :)

Tom Treutlein said:
I use my right index finger also. I'll do 2 seconds right now.

32 seconds.

Are you living in the 4th dimension ? :D
and stop drinking too much coffee :coffee:

Top Bottom