Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dan John's Tap Tester - CNS measuring tool

coolcolj

here is a nice tool that will test your CNS firing speeds as well state of CNS recovery :)

http://danjohn.org/tester.exe

along with recording your waking pulse every morning, see the highest figure you can get on the Tap tester and record it in your log and note the trends, when the numbers dip, on the Tap tester, along with a rise in waking heartrate, then its time to back off!

A possible tool to tell when PRs are possible and when its not.

what do you do? tap a key with one finger as fast as you can? i'm getting like 39/40 taps in 5 seconds

yes basicly, spacebar

10secs is better. I get 74 now, if it were to say drop to 55-65 a day after my next session then, you know the CNS needs recovery etc :)

CNS never lies on high speed stuff.

watch it dive after a max effort workout

So now with this tool you can tell when the time is right to return to the gym for a productive workout where you will be strong and powerful :)

Last edited:
80, 2 hours after a heavy workout

Your missing the point, you use it at the same time every day, preferable in the morning. If you do it after a workout, it will be slightly elevated due to the CNS being hyped. Then you can record the trends down.

I should have said the day after a heavy workout :)
But I doubt you get over 80 again tommorrow morning, most probbaly below 70 if you caned your CNS hard :)

CoolColJ said:
Your missing the point, you use it at the same time every day, preferable in the morning. If you do it after a workout, it will be slightly elevated due to the CNS being hyped. Then you can record the trends down.

I should have said the day after a heavy workout :)
But I doubt you get over 80 again tommorrow morning, most probbaly below 70 if you caned your CNS hard :)

OK, I'll try it tomorrow morning and keep you updated :)

BTW I am relying on my resting heart rate (taken straight out of bed)

It is 5 to 10 pulses higher when I am really tired/overtrained

Top Bottom