Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

crocop going to ufc

redsamurai said:
I could watch fedor wipe the floor with some unknown and still discern that the man has some freaky skillz......true, he wouldn't bring everything out.....but there's some underlying skill sets and athleticism in pride that I don't see in UFC HW's. Silvia and arlovski are solid fighters.....but against Fedor? Unless either of them was holding something back in their title fights with each other......they don't have the speed, power, skill that the pride guy's do. It's such a disparity that I'm convinced pride guys are on performance enhancing drugs.....and lot's of them. Look at Barnett.....look at the difference in physique and athleticism and skill he's shown since going to pride. I mean, training with better guys will only go so far.......that boy is on something. It would be interesting to see what would happen if they stop testing UFC guys....???

well, if the extra abilities are coming from drugs
is it really as impressive?
but then you have to consider it's not like no UFC guy has ever jucied either

I have to say, I see a lot of sloppyness in the striking in Pride to be honest
I know the unthinking lexicon answer is Pride > UFC despite any evidence to the contrary most of the time, but I've seen a lot of problems with aspects in the little bit of Pride I have seen

I think alot of people underestimate the some of the fighters in UFC. I agree Sylvia has turned into a boring fighter he was pretty decent to watch a couple of years ago when he gave it his all, i think he is alittle wary of getting hit like when Arlovski dropped him. Im there last fight Arlovski got injured in the first roundthat why he stopped the leg kicks i still think Arlovski is a great fighter with strong strikes, i really hope he comes back to fight cro-cop as Sylvia is boring as hell to watch these days. As for Fedor hes a great fighter i watched him last week against Mark Hunt and he didnt look to sharp yes he won but Hunt has Fedor down for a while and had some decent submission attempts against someone more competent who knows, this is what i love about mma anything is possible. I still think your could break Fedors arm and he would not stop fighting.

I also agree with Kane there is a fair few top fighters in Pride whos striking, although powerfull leave themselves wide open to get knocked the fuck out.

Kane Fan said:
well, if the extra abilities are coming from drugs
is it really as impressive?
but then you have to consider it's not like no UFC guy has ever jucied either

I have to say, I see a lot of sloppyness in the striking in Pride to be honest
I know the unthinking lexicon answer is Pride > UFC despite any evidence to the contrary most of the time, but I've seen a lot of problems with aspects in the little bit of Pride I have seen

I'm "surmising" that pride guys are "on".....just because pride refuses to test and the athletic disparity, especially in the higher weight classes, is so great.

I've seen sloppy striking in pride too....but not by the top guys. And I think there's plenty of evidence to back up the assertion that "at this time".....prde HW's are vastly superior to the UFC HW's. Things get more even the further down the weight class you go. Like I think Hughes and GSP are the best in the world in their weight class. But I simply have not seen one UFC HW so far that can even do ONE thing better than any of the top guys in pride. I do think however that Cro cop will need some adjusting to the cage.....in this respect I always thought the UFC was superior to Pride.......the pride ring is terrible for an MMA fight.

I agree that Fedor didn't look so good against Hunt......but you have to remember that Hunt is a freak. He's a 290 pound guy at 5'11, has the cardio of a middleweight......and has the absolute nastiest hands possibly in the entire MMA world. Oh, and he's also the hardest to knock out.......I was not surprised in how Fedor beat him, Hunt always get's beat with an armlock......but I was surprised by how much Hunt was on top of Fedor....which is not his game. If Hunt had half the ability of Fedor on the ground, he would have finished that match. Hunt is a guy who I would think would benefit most by coming to the UFC and fighting in the octagon. He needs a little bit more work on his sprawl......a bigger ring would definitely help him

crossy said:
I think alot of people underestimate the some of the fighters in UFC. I agree Sylvia has turned into a boring fighter he was pretty decent to watch a couple of years ago when he gave it his all, i think he is alittle wary of getting hit like when Arlovski dropped him. Im there last fight Arlovski got injured in the first roundthat why he stopped the leg kicks i still think Arlovski is a great fighter with strong strikes, i really hope he comes back to fight cro-cop as Sylvia is boring as hell to watch these days. As for Fedor hes a great fighter i watched him last week against Mark Hunt and he didnt look to sharp yes he won but Hunt has Fedor down for a while and had some decent submission attempts against someone more competent who knows, this is what i love about mma anything is possible. I still think your could break Fedors arm and he would not stop fighting.

I also agree with Kane there is a fair few top fighters in Pride whos striking, although powerfull leave themselves wide open to get knocked the fuck out.

redsamurai said:
I'm "surmising" that pride guys are "on".....just because pride refuses to test and the athletic disparity, especially in the higher weight classes, is so great.

I've seen sloppy striking in pride too....but not by the top guys. And I think there's plenty of evidence to back up the assertion that "at this time".....prde HW's are vastly superior to the UFC HW's. Things get more even the further down the weight class you go. Like I think Hughes and GSP are the best in the world in their weight class. But I simply have not seen one UFC HW so far that can even do ONE thing better than any of the top guys in pride. I do think however that Cro cop will need some adjusting to the cage.....in this respect I always thought the UFC was superior to Pride.......the pride ring is terrible for an MMA fight.

well Arlovski's strict Boxing is better then a lot of Pride HW's
but not necessarily his overall Striking
and Wanderlie 's Clinch work si good but his outside striking is real sloppy
or at least it get's that way from time to time

Hunt's Rolling is really similar to mine
I was like yep that's how I usually get out of an armbar
then I was like yep that's my favorit possition to try and hold to
then I was like yep that's how I usually get tapped out

Top Bottom