Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Critique Doctor Prescribed "Cycle"

chubbyguy

First of all, I'm not a bodybuilder or even much of an athlete. I was prescribed steroids by a doctor for a chronic leg condition. I began the cycle and started doing research and stumbled across this site. Even though my goals are different than yours, I've learned a lot from these discussion boards and I'm hoping you'll help me out.

Not sure if it's relevant in my case, but out of respect for the rules the following are my stats:

Age 35. Weight 200. I don't know my body fat, but everyone on this board could call me morbidly obese. In the real world, I'm somewhat overweight. I carry most of my weight around the waist and have a small gut. I've never done any kind of steroids before. My typical workout routine (before starting this cycle) was a twice weekly game of racquetball and the occasional run. My diet historically is pretty bad, but I've cleaned it up since I began these prescriptions. I eat only high protein and vegetables. No bread or junk food. (Again, this is only over the short term. Before this, I was a moderately healthy eater at home but eat a lot of garbage when I'm on the road, which is a lot.)

I'm sure that the first three or four posters will be dying to blast me for taking steroids before I got my exercise and diet under control. Keep in mind that I just went into a doctor's appointment and came out with a bunch of prescriptions. I'm not a kid trying to get big and following the advice of his gym buddies.

I'm currently in week nine of the following cycle (all prescribed by my doctor):

week 1-6
Deca (nandrolone decanaote) 200mg 1x week
Test Cyp 200mg 2x week

week 6-12
deca 300mg 1x week
Test Cyp 300mg 2x week

week 2-14.5
hcg 200u 2x week

week 2-15
Arimidex 0.5mg po every other day

week 12-15
Test 300mg 2x week

week 15-19
Clomid 150mg every day for 10 days then 100mg for 10 days then 50mg for 10 days

A few things to note:
1. My doctor prescribed deca because it was easy to get, inexpensive, and the sides are low compared to other steroids. It's also the steroid that has the most research backing it, in terms of effectiveness/long term risks/etc.
4. My exercise routine is not hardcore, but I workout about one hour a day with a fairly basic routine (except on leg day I have very specific exercises designed to help my condition).
5. Strength gains have been great. My legs feel much better. Upper body strength has increased. I'm still chubby, but there is a noticeable difference in my appearance.
6. I wouldn't even know how to start finding anything other than what I was prescribed.
7. I haven't experienced any noticeable sides, except slightly oily skin.

Some questions in particular (but I'd like any feedback):
1. I'm worried about the sexual side affects associated with deca. My libido is normally very good. Right now, it's better than it's ever been. Should I expect troubles once I come off this cycle? Anything I can do to mitigate it?
2. I think it's normally a bad idea to take steroids while overweight because (1) discipline isn't where it needs to be and most people won't benefit as much as they would, (2) lower benefit means risk/reward ratio is skewed against taking steroids, and (3) steroids can be harder on the body for someone that isn't in good shape to start. Are there any other concerns that I should be aware of in light of my high body fat %?
3. I'm sure my doctor has no idea about what PCT is or what supplements are pushed on this board. I'm happy to hear if you think anything else is necessary, other than the clomid. I'm also worried that the clomid dosage might be way too high and that I may need something else to aid with recovery or transition back.
4. It seems that you guys normally use HCG to kickstart your PCT. My doctor prescribed it throughout. Should that worry me?
5. As I mention above, I've had no trouble with sides. Should I expect any sides to kick in late in the cycle?

Thank you in advance for your comments and advice.

I was in an accident several years ago and have had a difficult time with strength in one of my legs. The doctor believe this would help, and it has so far. It's got me to the point where I can exercise the leg without pain. We don't know if this will help me long term.

I'm not a troll. My request for advice was genuine. (If I'm a troll, I'm not a very clever one.) If you want to assume that it wasn't prescribed that's fine, but please let me know if I should have any concerns or if anything about the cycle he set up for me is alarming, esp if there are any risks associated with the PCT (or lack of a more robust PCT).

^^^ WHAT TYPE OF DOCTOR is this?

damn right you should be concerned.

first off deca isn't the name of an AAS. lets get that out of the way first. deca is the name of an ester.. what you are reffering to is nandrolone which has a reputation for causing major problems with libido, gyno and other progesterone related problems.

Deca low sides?
What a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness app

Stevesmi -

I get that deca is the name of the esther. My understanding was that nandrolone decanaote is commonly referred to as deca. I'm new, so forgive my ignorance if I'm wrong about that. I also understand that it has a reputation for causing problems, which is why I'm reaching out to you guys to help determine if what I was prescribed is the best that can be done to mitigate those problems.

Stevesmi -

I get that deca is the name of the esther. My understanding was that nandrolone decanaote is commonly referred to as deca. I'm new, so forgive my ignorance if I'm wrong about that. I also understand that it has a reputation for causing problems, which is why I'm reaching out to you guys to help determine if what I was prescribed is the best that can be done to mitigate those problems.

okay I believe you are not a troll..

I would recommend stopping taking this.

what exactly is your injury? i think going to a general practicioner for an injury is a bad idea. they really have no clue what they are doing 99% of the time. injuries can be fixed with rest and physical therapy, drugs and AAS will make them worse

really most doctors can do nothing for your injuries and a good one will tell you to rest it, the ones that start writing you prescriptions are the ones trying to milk you for as much money as they can.

many times surgeries are done when they aren't necessary as well. we see this all the time in professional sports, short term the player gets relief, long term those many surgeries come back to bite them but the team doesn't care about their players long term health, they just want them fixed and on the field!!

Yes I agree with Steve.
How much physical therapy have you had?

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness app

Top Bottom