Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

craving chocolate, whats up with that

ck2006

Question:

I am not found of chocolate and never have craved it before. I am craving it like mad right now and for the last 3 weeks! I have craved the usual before but NEVER chocolate, what is my body lacking that i am craving it???

gymmum said:
You're not preggas are you???????

not a chance, and never around my period have I ever craved chocolate. I don't like chocolate candy, bars or even easter chocolate but right now I would love some????

Chocolate. Seriously. There is nothing that suffices. IMO, just go get VERY good, very rich chocolate and indulge, it will solve the problem the most quickly.

Temporarily upping your magnesium may help a little, too.

Remember that chocolate has a lot more than just sugar and fat, it has natural antioxidants and a lot of healthy stuff in it (my brain ain't working so good right now). Personally, I don't think of "real" chocolate so much as candy as ... food, really. I don't question the fact that I have cravings for tuna or broccoli and see no reason to question chocolate cravings, either.

musclemom said:
Chocolate. Seriously. There is nothing that suffices. IMO, just go get VERY good, very rich chocolate and indulge, it will solve the problem the most quickly.

Temporarily upping your magnesium may help a little, too.

Remember that chocolate has a lot more than just sugar and fat, it has natural antioxidants and a lot of healthy stuff in it (my brain ain't working so good right now). Personally, I don't think of "real" chocolate so much as candy as ... food, really. I don't question the fact that I have cravings for tuna or broccoli and see no reason to question chocolate cravings, either.

true true, but I can honestly say I have never craved tuna before, but oysters yes LOL. Got myself a chocolate protein bar, feeling much better,

gotta look up what foods have magnesium in them.

Interesting that you crave it & don't really care for it.......maybe your tastes are changing again - I've always heard they change ever 7 years and you can like something you've never liked before and vice versa.....

I wonder if the contest prep you've been doing may also affect stuff like that, cuz when I prepped for my last show my tastes changed re: certain things.....

Musclemom is right!

Chocolate is funny that way - top three reasons one could crave chocolate and not be a chocolate lover:

Magnesium
Monoamine (low serotonin levels)
Theobromine - stimulant similar to caffeine

Cool huh?

The Mayan's grew and harvested cocoa beans and made a bitter chocolate drink that was used for medicinal reasons - also a good aphrodisiac.

Cocoa might just be the first antidepressant - LOL!

hmmm, I love my caffeine and I have cut down so maybe that is it. I know I am not depressed. could be a pms thing, but I just think it is weird and interesting.

Thanks girls

What foods have magnesium in them?

Top Bottom