Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Comments on my girlfriend's diet.

she told me to post this

on your board put that im not a body builder, and i only have like 30-60 minutes per day to workout and tha t my "natural" weight is 5-10 pounds overweight

Same comments. We need more specific detail on that diet to be able to make suggestions.

No one is suggesting she needs to become a body build & train 4 hrs / day. Her status is not much diff from 80% of teh girls here.

Sassy69 said:
Same comments. We need more specific detail on that diet to be able to make suggestions.

No one is suggesting she needs to become a body build & train 4 hrs / day. Her status is not much diff from 80% of teh girls here.
That was just her diet for today. She doesn't do abs and leg lifts everyday.. maybe once a week?

She does cardio 4-5 times per week, lifts weights 2 times per week, takes at least 1 day off a week.

She is very conscious about what she eats, and she is not starving herself, he easts healthy things every few hours during the day.

She went on Paxil for OCD when she was younger, then went off it for a while and she lost a lot of weight, then she got back on it and gained 10lbs.. so the drugs definitely play a factor, but she was trying to fight that by tightening up the diet some more.

She is getting very frustrated. She is VERY VERY lean in her upper body.. I encouraged her to lift weights because her arms were so small.. we called them noodle arms.. now she has some nice tone and definition to her shoulders and arms.. working on back more now.. but she holds all of her weight in the thighs and butt.

I can only imagine how frustrating it is to her to try on her favorite pair of jeans have them be too tight. I've had that before when i was INTENTIONALLY bulking, but never when I am cutting... it really sucks.

"The best thing she can do to start is put that above diet in a food counts program like www.fitday.com and take a real close look at her portions & what she's eating. It will tell her how much of protein / fat /carbs & total cals she's eating. That is really useful in illustrating if you are not eating enough / too much / how much."

Please have her do this. ^^^

After obtaining these figures... we will be able to help her.

I really think her caloric intake and macro breakdown will surprise her as well . :rose:

Lestat said:
she told me to post this

on your board put that im not a body builder, and i only have like 30-60 minutes per day to workout and tha t my "natural" weight is 5-10 pounds overweight

Of course she's a body builder!! She's interested in better-ing her body, isn't she?? Building her body into a better shape for her??

Let's say she's not a competitor in the BBing circuit, then.

And she doesn't have to spend more than 1 hour in the gym (which includes cardio & weights) at a time. If she's doing more than that, then she's either talking too much, socializing, doing too much, etc etc.

Have her look at the stickies. Have her browse thru some people's logs to get an idea of what diff. ladies are doing for diff. goals (just be aware that some are in competition mode).

And have her get a bf% test & to STOP paying attn. to scale weight.

*Bunny* said:
"The best thing she can do to start is put that above diet in a food counts program like www.fitday.com and take a real close look at her portions & what she's eating. It will tell her how much of protein / fat /carbs & total cals she's eating. That is really useful in illustrating if you are not eating enough / too much / how much."

Please have her do this. ^^^

After obtaining these figures... we will be able to help her.

I really think her caloric intake and macro breakdown will surprise her as well . :rose:

^

I Agree with everyone. Both you and she may think she's eating enough but intil you put it down on paper you don't know.

For example.. doing a low carb yesterday and due to eating 2 cups of broccoli with my protein meals I stayed with a full feeling all day went to the gym and tried to do HIIT and nearly died trying... didn't realize until I got home from the gym and plugged everything into fit day that at 8:00 my calorie intake was only 900... holy cow.. no wonder I was dead tired. Still had another meal to take in and added in some fats before bed time.

This can happen and does happen alot... I am normally ontop of my intake but yesterday was hectic (no excuse.. i know)...

take a day and have her figure it out.. she may be surprised at what she finds out.

not all of us do competete or consider ourselves bodybuilders.. ur amkign asusmptions..

trianing is a lifestyle choice.. not always for a competition.. eating , going to the gym etc is just a way of life. Celebrities who i betcha she and u think r hot work out similar to the way a few of us do..

Don't knock it till u try it

Lestat said:
she told me to post this

Lestat said:
she told me to post this

That's fine you don't need more than 60 min.
40 min weights
20 min HIIT
in that order if possible or spilt it up HIIT am and weights pm.

I'm not sure I understand the nautral weight comment. If it is what I think you mean - don't get hung up on that at 5'7" you can easily weigh 145-155 and slip into a 6 if your body composition is more muscular and less fat. So I guess what I am sayng is how much you weigh doesn't mean anything but what does matter is body composition and how dense you are (muscle vs. fat)

The more muscle on your body the faster your metabolism will run and muscle takes up less space than fat does. So 10 lbs of muscle on your body will look quite different that 20lbs of fat.

Lestat said:
That was just her diet for today. She doesn't do abs and leg lifts everyday.. maybe once a week?

She does cardio 4-5 times per week, lifts weights 2 times per week, takes at least 1 day off a week.

I'd drop the cardio to 3 days, up the weights to 4 days (say cardio M,W,F and train M-TH or T-F) and take two days off. The later on you can add a day of cardio if you need the extra something.

She is very conscious about what she eats, and she is not starving herself, he easts healthy things every few hours during the day.

Well, I don't mean starving as in not eating I mean starving as in not enough fuel in the body to up the metabolism hot enough to burn fat.

She went on Paxil for OCD when she was younger, then went off it for a while and she lost a lot of weight, then she got back on it and gained 10lbs.. so the drugs definitely play a factor, but she was trying to fight that by tightening up the diet some more.

Yah, that does suck.

She is getting very frustrated. She is VERY VERY lean in her upper body.. I encouraged her to lift weights because her arms were so small.. we called them noodle arms.. now she has some nice tone and definition to her shoulders and arms.. working on back more now.. but she holds all of her weight in the thighs and butt.

I totally know where she's coming from - I've done some rather bad things to my own body in the past and when you are busting your ass and you aren't seeing results it just messes with your head. So knowing that what she is doing is not working one can only do something different to see change.

Sidenote: where one holds fat is simply genetic. Some hold it in their belly, some butt and thigs and other gain and lose it all over relatively constant.

I can only imagine how frustrating it is to her to try on her favorite pair of jeans have them be too tight. I've had that before when i was INTENTIONALLY bulking, but never when I am cutting... it really sucks.

:)

thanks everyone for the replies and coments

Top Bottom