Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Comments on my girlfriend's diet.

Quadsweep's Sister said:
I had a thought after I read through this thread. It is hard to try to change nutrition when you have been eating one way most of your life. Its somewhat like quitting smoking some people go cold turkey, so ease into it. For me when I wanted a change - I went cold turkey. I had a dietician (who was also a national level BB and knowledgeable about athletes) put together a diet for me with the goal of BB competition someday. Because I weighed 105 at 25% bf and looked like a stick, it took 3 yrs to build lean muscle. I've eaten this way now for 8 years and its just like a way of life.

Maybe a structured diet of the same *or somewhat similar foods every day for ~ 6 straight weeks might really make a change for her. The body is like a machine in many ways. If you eat the same things at the same time, drink the same amount of water...take the same supplements/vitamins - it knows whats coming. It operates at peak performance, metabolism and energy high - fat loss rapid...you get the idea. It worked for many people I knew who wanted a change. If you want some assistance with this, just let me know. Take care.

"We deceive ourselves when we fancy that only weakness needs support. Strength needs it far more."

Very valid points - the hardest part about getting really focused on a fitness lifestyle is adjusting your own habits and misconceptions about nutrition. It doesn't have to be miserable, restricting and boring. If you are going into competition, yes, you have to give up the idea of eating to enjoy and get the mindset of eating for fuel and metabolism manipulation. But just to get the tight booty or whatever, a set of guidelines helps to give you the variety you would like to avoid boredom. I would further say that doing perpetual comp dieting is also not good because your body is designed to use the types of resources available in this world for a variety of functions, e.g. in comp dieting we generally pull fruit out (except maybe some like grapefruit, kiwi, strawberry) because it is essentially simple sugar and messes w/ your insulin levels when trying to dial in your fat lose and muscle building on a set schedule. However the enzymes in fruit are essential in helpign to shuttle out some of the waste / byproducts of daily body processes, e.g. free radicals, etc.

my GF wanted me to post this for comments:
NO Workout...SOftball game tonight, first day "off" in a while

B 8:30 -1 serving Oatmeal, 2 scoops whey (330 cal)
L 12 - Big salad-greens, chicken, cheese, walnuts (300 cal) w/ Fiber Muffin (80 cal)
S1 2 cups of cherries (100 or less?? cal)
- - - - - -
S2 Protein Bar (200)
SOFTBALL GAME
D Chicken (250), WW Na'an (240), Green beans (50)

she is afraid on one hand that she is not eating enough...

but that above is 1550 calories..

she is 135-140lbs.. so that is right in range with the 10-12 cals x bodyweight right?

She looks at her office mate and roommate who are tiny little things and they eat next to nothing.. like order a meal and just pick at it basically.

But then people look at her diet on her home message board www.shape.com and tell her she's not eating enough at all.

Lestat said:

L 12 - Big salad-greens, chicken, cheese, walnuts (300 cal) w/ Fiber Muffin (80 cal)
- - - - - -
S2 Protein Bar (200)
SOFTBALL GAME
hmm, generically 2 cups of pitted cherries is more like 300 cals...

Any idea what macro breakdown is? Protein/Carbs/Fat?

What is WW Na'an?

1st impression, her (Healthy) Fat intake is low...

Na'an is indian flat bread.

I found this Whole Wheat Na'an at trader joes.

One slice is 240 calories, it has 10g of protein, 41g of carbs (2gs sugars, ~5g fiber), like 3g of fat (0 saturated).

fitday.com lists 1 cup of cherries as 51.5 calories... they had pits

Lestat said:
fitday.com lists 1 cup of cherries as 51.5 calories... they had pits
K thanks :)

Can you post the fit day breakdown with the totals? Where is has total cals & %'s? Pleeaaaaaaaaase...should able to just copy and paste everything in the "totals" box :rose:

Lestat said:

- - - - - -
S2 Protein Bar (200)
SOFTBALL GAME

Yikes!! I would starve on that diet..LOL. She needs to load up on protein & cut the starchy carbs & substitute protein shakes for protein bars. Also, how much water is she drinking? I would rec a gallon per day. And how much cheese is in that salad? Depending on the type, cheese is really high in fat.

Meals:
Breakfast
Oatmeal (1 cup)
4 egg whites + one yolk

10:30 am
protein shake

12:30 pm Lunch
4 oz chicken breast
1 cup mixed greens
1/2 cup brown rice

2:30 pm (1/2 meal)
protein shake

5:00pm (1/2 meal)
3oz tuna or white chunk chicken

7:00 pm Dinner
4 oz chicken breast
1 piece wheat bread
3oz brown pasta
1 cup mixed greens (broccoli, spinach)

*Bunny* said:
K thanks :)

Can you post the fit day breakdown with the totals? Where is has total cals & %'s? Pleeaaaaaaaaase...should able to just copy and paste everything in the "totals" box :rose:
Im not sure really how to use fitday, I just signed up right now to see how many cals were in those cherries!

Takes a couple minutes to find the specific foods you are looking for, in some cases if you can't find exactly what it is you are looking for, you can create custom foods in the serving sizes that are useful to you. Once those definitions exist, you just enter each serving of stuff, update the spreadsheet & it calculates all the details for you.

Top Bottom