Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ways to optimize my diet ?

elpasso1900

Hi,

Can someone comment on my diet as I am sure the way I split the calories between morning, post workout and evening is not efficient.
I train 5 days a week, cardio and lifting. I am 43yo, 180lbs (11-12% body fat), 5 feet and 8 inches.
I am currently in caloric deficit to lose additional fat. My maintenance food intake was usually 2500c.

This is a sample of my diet: 2100 cal 130g protein
# 6:00 (home): breakfast, 500 cal, 30g protein (cereals/oatmeal, protein shake, greek yogurt/cheese, fruit, etc)
# 7:00-10:00 (workout): 50c-100c (apple or banana)
# 11:00 (work): 300 cal, 20g protein (protein bars, fruit)
# 13:00 (work): 200 cal (whole grain biscuits, apple, figs, etc)
# 16:00 (work): 200 cal, 15g protein (protein bar)
# 19:00 (home): 700 cal, 50g protein (chicken/beef/chicken, bread, cheese, veggies)
# 21:00 (home): 100 cal, 10g (nuts/cheese/etc)
Sleep

I eat healthy at home but at work, not so (protein bar, though I try to use only the so called healthy ones). Not convenient to bring cooked food at work.
I feel super sluggish and sleepy at 3-4pm. Probably not enough food. but if I add more, I gain weight easily.

Thanks.

Honestly, your diet needs a complete overhaul. Cheese, bread, protein bars. There are much better options.

Fruit although fine in moderation, is full of sugar and will cause a large increase in insulin levels.

Read this article I wrote on developing a lean muscle gain diet and workout program: How to develop a lean muscle gain/offseason program - article by Trevor Kouritzin

Send me a pm or email if you want help developing a diet and training program tailored to your body and life style

Thanks for your reply. I read your post and I find it very informative, especially that I have somewhat similar workout routine (1 week heavy lifting, the other week high volume lifting, separated by cardio days) but I do much more cardio.
I am quite surprised you manage to take this much calories and maintain or loose fat. I am currently at 2100 and I barely loose 1 pounds every two weeks. I'll PM you with details. Thanks again for the help!!

Top Bottom