Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Coming out of retirement after 10 years

gorillahung

Hello everyone! I'm a retired powerlifter that hasn't competed since 2003 and hasn't worked out since 2005. I just started training again this week. I've had 4 workouts. Currently I'm training with "baby weights" but I'm wondering how fast it's possible to lift "respectable" poundages again. I realize I probably will never get back to my best lifts (551 sq. 402 bench, 501 DL @ 181). I weigh 170 lbs. now and have type 2 diabetes. Controlling the sugar levels is priority #1 but I'd like to think that I will eventually be able to at least do a bench contest and lift something respectable. Have any of you guys quit for such a length of time and returned to lifting? I'm 42 years old and also don't plan on using any AAS.

Hi gorilla, not sure if you'll see this because it's been a while since you posted, but I'm glad that you're getting back into lifting again! Having not worked out for 10 years, you're probably quite a ways away from the huge lifts that you used to do. But with muscle memory, even after a decade, you should be able to gain quite a bit back of what you used to lift with hard work.

Top Bottom