Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Colon cleansing...

superqt4u2nv

Elite
Elite Moderator
is utter B.S. I am so glad a main stream show is talking about this I heard so many people talk about this and it makes me want to smack them. Never underestimate the power of your body.

Procedure List

Do colon detox products work, and are they safe?

Answer
No, and not always. "Colon cleansing" procedures are based on the faulty theory that fecal matter and toxins--such as parasites, pesticides, or chemicals--accumulate and stick to the colon wall, causing assorted ailments. In fact, fecal matter does not cling to the colon wall, and experts have found no evidence that toxins build up there.

Colon cleansing itself carries health risks, including side effects from questionable ingredients, dehydration, impaired bowel function, and disruption of normal, protective intestinal flora. Some laxatives can even worsen heart failure or cause kidney failure, while colonic irrigation or enemas could tear the rectum. Steer clear of all of these. Your body detoxifies itself perfectly well, thanks to your kidneys and liver.

Do colon detox products work, and are they safe?

No, and not always. "Colon cleansing" procedures are based on the faulty theory that fecal matter and toxins--such as parasites, pesticides, or chemicals--accumulate and stick to the colon wall, causing assorted ailments. In fact, fecal matter does not cling to the colon wall, and experts have found no evidence that toxins build up there. Colon cleansing itself carries health risks, including side effects from questionable ingredients, dehydration, impaired bowel function, and disruption of normal, protective intestinal flora. Some laxatives can even worsen heart failure or cause kidney failure, while colonic irrigation or enemas could tear the rectum. Steer clear of all of these. Your body detoxifies itself perfectly well, thanks to your kidneys and liver.

Good post. I am guilty of trying colon cleansing in the past. It gave me the most horrible stomach cramps in the world. It didn't do much of clearing out the system either.

I am in qualified agreement on two counts at least.

1)Colon cleansing products are nearly all bologna, and
2)In the absence of disease and poor diet, doing anything with the specific intent of cleansing the colon would probably not be necessary.

Without getting too deep into it, I live with some chronic, rather serious infections and have learned a bit about detoxing various systems of the body. I do think most people can benefit from doing specific cleanses of the intestinal tract because of really rotten diet. Few people eat nearly enough of the right stuff to naturally keep their GI tract running optimally. In some cases disease is also a potentiating factor for toxic overload down there.

Good news is the stuff that can really effectively detox your GI tract is non-proprietary and very inexpensive. Here's just a couple since this really isn't the venue for this stuff.

psyllium seed husk fiber laxative & Bentonite clay taken one after the other "sweeps out" and then absorbs any material your body was unable to move out through normal processes. (or you can mix the together like a cocktail) They can also help your body clear out some microorganisms. Afterwards you'll want to recolonize your intestines with some cheap digestive enzymes from the pharmacy section of the supermarket. (take those on an empty stomach) All three of these items combined is $20 max and will last you a very long time.

If everyone ate plenty of raw veggies and got plenty of fiber though, there'd be little need for cleanses of any sort.

If everyone ate plenty of raw veggies and got plenty of fiber though, there'd be little need for cleanses of any sort.

That is the thing it is pretty simple for the most part to keep a healthy colon but often simple is not seen as the answer people think it is something fancy or compicated when it is not.

Top Bottom