Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ck2006 log

Sorry to hear of the crappy interviews....better luck tomorrow!!

ck2006 said:
The interviews SUCKED! First one, she said I need experience, well duh!!! They saw from my resume I had none, what was I supposed to pull some out of my ass, but she said to practice welding with my husband and call her back. The position was for a welder helper, a person who helps a welder (pretty much hand them rods) what other experience do a fucking need.
ck2006 said:
You need lowhangers.

Next place: Was for a welding apprentice position sooo the fucking advertisement said. I get there and it is a fucking chop shop and he said "Oh we have enough welders here but you can be a get this..... a fucking metal carpentar, what the fuck is a metal carpentar??? It is a person that takes pieces of metal and bolts them together, for how much money???? 14 bucks an hour. Then he has the fucking nerve to say to me "you know you are going to get dirty", AAHHHHHHH

shoulda grabbed his hand and shook it "OMG I've officially met CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!!

Then my mother in law, bless her fucking heart (no really I do love her) but she says to me "why don't you become a teller, a fucking bank teller??????

My fucking goal now is to either apprentice in carpentry or welding and some way some fucking how I will do it, then I am going to go to the apprentice board and every other fucking company that won't hire a person because she is a fucking woman and educate them on the fact that there are people here that want to work and are willing to get fucking "Dirty" to get the fucking job done, and if a man doesn't have to go to a fucking pre-trade school to fucking apprentice then why should I????

OMG I think I love you. :heart:

Kay I am (well I a might as well say it again) fucking done.

and I have another interview tomorrow.

take your welding helmet & gloves with you...."I'm ready to start now." You should get one of the specialty helmets like this: http://store.weldingdepot.com/cgi/weldingdepot/3011005.html

My ex that passed away earlier this year worked in a welding supply store for the entire time we were together 12+ yrs. ;)

Now I am going to the gym.

see answers listed above. :rose:

que_66 said:

see answers listed above. :rose:

LMAO! I love you too! when they asked me what experienced I have I was going to say I leap tall buildings and pull a rabbit out of my ass :) I have a ton of experience in carpentry but I can't get an interview. anyway.... not going to start again.

Love your answers I am going to keep them in mind for tomorrows! hee hee

ck2006 said:
LMAO! I love you too! when they asked me what experienced I have I was going to say I leap tall buildings and pull a rabbit out of my ass :) I have a ton of experience in carpentry but I can't get an interview. anyway.... not going to start again.

Love your answers I am going to keep them in mind for tomorrows! hee hee
Yes ... please no more RANTS :lmao:

Kinda scurrrrrrrrred me coming from such a sweet :heart: like you LOL with all those F bombs I bout had to run and hide :wodin:

:FRlol:

sbt2082 said:
Yes ... please no more RANTS :lmao:

Kinda scurrrrrrrrred me coming from such a sweet :heart: like you LOL with all those F bombs I bout had to run and hide :wodin:

:FRlol:

I must publicly apologize for those, I can't say them outloud with all my rug rats around.

Good morning, CK!! Good luck at your interview today. If they're gigantic douchewads again, should should give 'em one of these: :doublefi: hehe

Sounds like the interviews went well :lmao:
I would tell them what experience you do have with welding... Let them know what other factors you can contribute to their company. Tell them you are a hard worker, you are organized, on time, meticulous, etc.. Any extra skills that you can bring to the table.. like book keeping, or clear driving record, or computer skills (obviously you have), teaching or traing you have doen in the past, ANYthing and everything why you can add to their company to make it 'more complete' and better to have you work for them.. You kinda have to sell yourself even if you don't technically fit the position you read what they are looking for and you craft what you are going to say as to what you can provide and why you can provide it better then anyone else they may have in mind to hire.... Etc...
Interviews go much better if you sit down and figure out what they want, answer everything they want in an ad, figure out how to negotiate salary, benefits, sign on bonus, gas for traveling, etc... You just have to play the game. I have never been turned away in a interview. You have to go in with confidence and a firm handshake and let them know you are the person they have been dreaming about.... I mean half the time once you get gired you won't be doing exactly what they say anyway, and they'll have to give you some sort of OJT... Don't let them no you are desperate for a job either. Always leave without accepting the offer but let them know you will get back to them with 24-48 hours with an answer that you need to talk it over with your husband. That's how you get salary increases. They will always low-ball you, but if you have done your homework as to what the cost of living is in the area, and what the going rate for a job in taht area is, then when you call them back you can say " I appreciate the offer and your time and after further discussing the position with my husband and paying for day care, looking at the average pay rates and statistics in the area (list the websites for them where you did your search) we feel that X may be a more suitabe salary." Then you can also say stuff if they are unwilling to budge to have a 3 month review so you can get a raise.. rather then waiting a year.
Ohh and always have a nice little paragraph memorized because this is my favorite questions they always ask:
Tell me about a time when a tough decision arose and how you handled it?
Tell me about a time in which you were recognized by a past employer?

Good luck;)

treilin said:
Sounds like the interviews went well :lmao:
I would tell them what experience you do have with welding... Let them know what other factors you can contribute to their company. Tell them you are a hard worker, you are organized, on time, meticulous, etc.. Any extra skills that you can bring to the table.. like book keeping, or clear driving record, or computer skills (obviously you have), teaching or traing you have doen in the past, ANYthing and everything why you can add to their company to make it 'more complete' and better to have you work for them.. You kinda have to sell yourself even if you don't technically fit the position you read what they are looking for and you craft what you are going to say as to what you can provide and why you can provide it better then anyone else they may have in mind to hire.... Etc...
Interviews go much better if you sit down and figure out what they want, answer everything they want in an ad, figure out how to negotiate salary, benefits, sign on bonus, gas for traveling, etc... You just have to play the game. I have never been turned away in a interview. You have to go in with confidence and a firm handshake and let them know you are the person they have been dreaming about.... I mean half the time once you get gired you won't be doing exactly what they say anyway, and they'll have to give you some sort of OJT... Don't let them no you are desperate for a job either. Always leave without accepting the offer but let them know you will get back to them with 24-48 hours with an answer that you need to talk it over with your husband. That's how you get salary increases. They will always low-ball you, but if you have done your homework as to what the cost of living is in the area, and what the going rate for a job in taht area is, then when you call them back you can say " I appreciate the offer and your time and after further discussing the position with my husband and paying for day care, looking at the average pay rates and statistics in the area (list the websites for them where you did your search) we feel that X may be a more suitabe salary." Then you can also say stuff if they are unwilling to budge to have a 3 month review so you can get a raise.. rather then waiting a year.
Ohh and always have a nice little paragraph memorized because this is my favorite questions they always ask:
Tell me about a time when a tough decision arose and how you handled it?
Tell me about a time in which you were recognized by a past employer?

Good luck;)

Excellent post, thank you! got the not desperate for a job down cause I am not and hubby knows a chop shop when he sees one so there is a bonus.

Selling myself is key, (that sounds so sick :) ) I am glad you reminded me of that, it has been so long since I have done this, looks like I am going to get a lot of practice though, hee hee

AGAIN, EXCELLENT POST Thank you for taking the time to write that all out! Do you need your house cleaned, wash done?? :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Top Bottom