Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

chubby kid looking for supplements

appreciate all the help everyone.

fortunately, i suppose, i havent been able to have a television for quite some time now, maybe two years. And my cupboards are pretty bare lol, there is not much to throw away. I do have a diet forum thread if anyone cares to criticize it. Once it is approved by experienced people with diet i intend to only keep those foods in the house... although i despise coffee, but thank you for the input.

I was thinking of trying to join a soccer team or a boxing class or something fun, on top of cardio and weights. I need to maybe put in a month or so of cardio first to get my body used to it, before i add even more exercise. I am a bit of a wobbily fellow for the time being. I am gonna buy a ledger and fill out my activities and gym time/routine for the week before hand every week. I find I am alot more motivated and kind of like it is more official once it is written down. If i dont write a grocery list I wont buy it, if I dont write a to do list I wont do it, so I am gonna write down my plan so I can see it everyday.

Once again, thank you everyone!

Wynter

Bro I was in a similar situation. This time last year I was 30%+ bf.I was lifting but not much else and my diet was crap. I started by eating less, then slowly increased my workload. Now I'm training 5 days per week 2x per day some days including a 90 minute kickboxing class 1-2 times per week and I recently made the British team. Not bad for a year's work. You're definitely on the right track. You mentioned an interest in boxing. I'd highly recommend it, fat will melt off you with good boxing training, it'll be tough at first no matter what your level of fitness and I'd recommend just going to a boxing gym to see how you get on. Most places I've trained at take your current level of conditioning into account when you start training.

Thanks for all the advice and support guys, it is intimidating being a chubber trying to do stuff all the fit guys are doing. And Colestreamer you look really great in your little picture, hopefully in a year I can look like that too!!

I am gonna try and start doing fasted cardio on all my days off. I am an engineer student and work random jobs to help pay the bills so sometime the days are long!! But i have found a steady time at 7pm every evening i can get to the gym, and fortunately i met this one guy there, he is huge.. well he is like 5'7 lol, but he is 205 and he says he stays about 9-10 %body fat year round. He is the only guy I know who goes to the gym, and he is now my workout partner, so he really critiques my form and motivates me to push really hard. I have been going with him for maybe a few weeks now. Although i kind of have to do his routine to go with him, so hopefully that is good in the end but he seems really smart, and he is ripped so he must be doing something right. First time i worked out with him we did a chest day, i was sore for about 5-6 days!

I would like a boxing or kickboxing, I have to see whats around and affordable too. I do have a bike that i will start using more, and maybe even just going for a walk or doing anything really instead of sitting at my computer all day... unless im on here, right!? lol

I dont think i mentioned this in this thread but just to clarify my goal is not to be a bodybuilder or powerlifter, i just want to be strong, healthy, and in good shape. Look really good, feel really good, and be happy to be in my skin. To be honest though maybe in a couple years when i get to like 10% body fat i would like to try a steroid. I have read about how great testosterone makes you feel. So i would like to try it, if even only once when my body can handle it.

Unfortunately i have a very hard time sleeping, always have, so that i need to work on.. I cut out all caffeine completely, sleep in complete silence, complete dark.. ive taken every bit of advice and tried every hint, tip, and home remedy. But i still dont sleep well.. but im great with dealing with stress!

Oh well, for now, eat well, gym, more active life in general! thank you for your help. I am almost out of food completely in the house, so im buying all new diet food prob thursday when my cupboards are bone bare! I do have a thread in the diet forum with a posted meal plan, macros, caloric intake and so forth. please help me critique it. I know all bodies are different but all advice will help get me on the right path and allow me to gauge how i react from there!

thank you so much

Wynter

Thanks for all the advice and support guys, it is intimidating being a chubber trying to do stuff all the fit guys are doing. And Colestreamer you look really great in your little picture, hopefully in a year I can look like that too!!

I am gonna try and start doing fasted cardio on all my days off. I am an engineer student and work random jobs to help pay the bills so sometime the days are long!! But i have found a steady time at 7pm every evening i can get to the gym, and fortunately i met this one guy there, he is huge.. well he is like 5'7 lol, but he is 205 and he says he stays about 9-10 %body fat year round. He is the only guy I know who goes to the gym, and he is now my workout partner, so he really critiques my form and motivates me to push really hard. I have been going with him for maybe a few weeks now. Although i kind of have to do his routine to go with him, so hopefully that is good in the end but he seems really smart, and he is ripped so he must be doing something right. First time i worked out with him we did a chest day, i was sore for about 5-6 days!

I would like a boxing or kickboxing, I have to see whats around and affordable too. I do have a bike that i will start using more, and maybe even just going for a walk or doing anything really instead of sitting at my computer all day... unless im on here, right!? lol

I dont think i mentioned this in this thread but just to clarify my goal is not to be a bodybuilder or powerlifter, i just want to be strong, healthy, and in good shape. Look really good, feel really good, and be happy to be in my skin. To be honest though maybe in a couple years when i get to like 10% body fat i would like to try a steroid. I have read about how great testosterone makes you feel. So i would like to try it, if even only once when my body can handle it.

Unfortunately i have a very hard time sleeping, always have, so that i need to work on.. I cut out all caffeine completely, sleep in complete silence, complete dark.. ive taken every bit of advice and tried every hint, tip, and home remedy. But i still dont sleep well.. but im great with dealing with stress!

Oh well, for now, eat well, gym, more active life in general! thank you for your help. I am almost out of food completely in the house, so im buying all new diet food prob thursday when my cupboards are bone bare! I do have a thread in the diet forum with a posted meal plan, macros, caloric intake and so forth. please help me critique it. I know all bodies are different but all advice will help get me on the right path and allow me to gauge how i react from there!

thank you so much

Wynter

Increased exercise has been known to help with sleep patterns. Another good thing is to turn the tv and computer off about 30-60 min before bed. It's depletes ceritonan or something and stimulates your brain which makes it hard to sleep. I won't lie, I take an over the counter sleeping pill once in a while if I'm wound up, stressed, or took a preworkout late.

It's good you found some one experienced to help you. Most of the gyms I go to a lot of the experienced and built people or asses and not very helpful to noobs...which are the ones that need the help.

Your goals are great...that's what I strive for, as strong and fit as I can be. I don't plan on competing and don't want to just look good either. Go hard and do your best and you will succeed. And as always there are tons of people on this site willing to help. Good job so far and goodluck on the rest.

Bro I was at about 36% body fat at my worst, so I'll tell you from experience that there's 5 things you need to successfully do this.

1. Diet
2. Proper training routine to maintain as much muscle as possible
3. Diet
4. PATIENCE!
5. Diet

Yes diet needs to be mentioned 3 times, I was working out extremely hard at one point, but was eating the wrong foods, processed, white flours, dairy, bread you name it. Ended up gaining fat. Then I actually di proper research and learned how to properly lose weight. In about a year I dropped from 36% to about 16-17, the changes do not come easy let me tell you. When you see that guy with 6 pack abs sitting at the pool eating a pizza and drinking a beer and think to yourself how is he doing it, well it's MUCH easier to maintain than it is to CHANGE. You need to be extremely motivated and keep your eye on the goal. At 25% bf it will be a while before you start seeing that definition I'm sure you're looking for. That was the hardest part at least for me, knowing that I was looking smaller and losing fat but had no definition anywhere, it was pretty discouraging but I still kept the course. If you need any info PM me i can take a look at your diet etc, good luck bro

Bro I was at about 36% body fat at my worst, so I'll tell you from experience that there's 5 things you need to successfully do this.

1. Diet
3. Diet
4. PATIENCE!
5. Diet

Yes diet needs to be mentioned 3 times, I was working out extremely hard at one point, but was eating the wrong foods, processed, white flours, dairy, bread you name it. Ended up gaining fat. Then I actually di proper research and learned how to properly lose weight. In about a year I dropped from 36% to about 16-17, the changes do not come easy let me tell you. When you see that guy with 6 pack abs sitting at the pool eating a pizza and drinking a beer and think to yourself how is he doing it, well it's MUCH easier to maintain than it is to CHANGE. You need to be extremely motivated and keep your eye on the goal. At 25% bf it will be a while before you start seeing that definition I'm sure you're looking for. That was the hardest part at least for me, knowing that I was looking smaller and losing fat but had no definition anywhere, it was pretty discouraging but I still kept the course. If you need any info PM me i can take a look at your diet etc, good luck bro

Solid advice from real world experience! Patience is critical!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

1. Diet
3. Diet
4. PATIENCE!
5. Diet

Right on my brother

hopefully this will help steer you in the right direction
You need at least 6-7 smaller servings per day with some protein in each., You can do this by eating clean whole foods,not processed.
Protein should come a variety of things.Seafood is one of the best sources of Protein because it's usually low in fat. Fish such as salmon is a little higher in fat but it is the heart-healthy kind: omega-3 fatty acids.

White-Meat Poultry
Stick to the white meat of poultry for excellent, lean Protein. Dark meat is higher in fat. The skin is loaded with saturated fat, so remove skin before cooking.

Milk, Cheese, and Yogurt
Not only are dairy foods -- like milk, cheese, and yogurt -- excellent sources of Protein but they also contain valuable calcium. Choose skim or low fat dairy to keep bones and teeth strong, prevent osteoporosis, and enhance weight loss.

Eggs
Eggs are one of the least expensive forms of Protein. The American Heart Association says normal healthy adults can safely enjoy an egg a day.

Beans
One-half cup of beans contains as much Protein as three ounces of broiled steak. Plus, these nutritious nuggets are loaded with fiber to keep you feeling full for hours.

Pork Tenderloin
This great and versatile white meat is 31% leaner than 20 years ago.

Soy
Twenty five grams of soy Protein daily can help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. Combine soy Protein foods like tofu with a healthy low fat diet.

Lean Beef
Lean beef has only one more gram of saturated fat than a skinless chicken breast. Lean beef is also an excellent source of zinc, iron, and vitamin b12.

Protein on the Go
Grab a meal replacement drink, cereal bar, or energy bar. Check the label to be sure the product contains at least six grams of Protein, and is low in sugar and fat.
Needtobuildmuscle has a wide variety of supplements that is an excellent source of nutrition.

Unstanding how to eat,The best way to provide the diet with complex carbohydrates is to consume foods in their most natural state such as oatmeal, bran and brown rice.
Bran

Wheatgerm

Barley

Maize

Buckwheat

Cornmeal

Oatmeal

The food list below shows good sources of complex carbohydrates.

Pasta

Macaroni
Spaghetti
Brown rice

Potatoes

Other root vegetables
Wholemeal breads

Granary bread

Brown bread

Pitta bread

Bagel

Wholegrain cereals

High fiber breakfast cereals

Porridge oats

All bran

Wheetabix

Shredded wheat

Ryvita crispbread

Muesli

Cassava

Corn
Yam

Oatcakes

Peas

Beans

Lentils

For energy you also need simple carbs thruout the day
Apples

Blackberries

Blackcurrants

Cherry

Cranberries

Grapefruit

Kiwi

Lemon

Melon

Oranges

Peach

Pear

Plum

Raspberries

Strawberries

Grapes

Raisins

Any Q's on diet i will be glad to help

RADAR

hopefully this will help steer you in the right direction
You need at least 6-7 smaller servings per day with some protein in each., You can do this by eating clean whole foods,not processed.
Protein should come a variety of things.Seafood is one of the best sources of Protein because it's usually low in fat. Fish such as salmon is a little higher in fat but it is the heart-healthy kind: omega-3 fatty acids.

White-Meat Poultry
Stick to the white meat of poultry for excellent, lean Protein. Dark meat is higher in fat. The skin is loaded with saturated fat, so remove skin before cooking.

Milk, Cheese, and Yogurt
Not only are dairy foods -- like milk, cheese, and yogurt -- excellent sources of Protein but they also contain valuable calcium. Choose skim or low fat dairy to keep bones and teeth strong, prevent osteoporosis, and enhance weight loss.

Eggs
Eggs are one of the least expensive forms of Protein. The American Heart Association says normal healthy adults can safely enjoy an egg a day.

Beans
One-half cup of beans contains as much Protein as three ounces of broiled steak. Plus, these nutritious nuggets are loaded with fiber to keep you feeling full for hours.

Pork Tenderloin
This great and versatile white meat is 31% leaner than 20 years ago.

Soy
Twenty five grams of soy Protein daily can help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. Combine soy Protein foods like tofu with a healthy low fat diet.

Lean Beef
Lean beef has only one more gram of saturated fat than a skinless chicken breast. Lean beef is also an excellent source of zinc, iron, and vitamin b12.

Protein on the Go
Grab a meal replacement drink, cereal bar, or energy bar. Check the label to be sure the product contains at least six grams of Protein, and is low in sugar and fat.
Needtobuildmuscle has a wide variety of supplements that is an excellent source of nutrition.

Unstanding how to eat,The best way to provide the diet with complex carbohydrates is to consume foods in their most natural state such as oatmeal, bran and brown rice.
Bran

Wheatgerm

Barley

Maize

Buckwheat

Cornmeal

Oatmeal

The food list below shows good sources of complex carbohydrates.

Pasta

Macaroni
Spaghetti
Brown rice

Potatoes

Other root vegetables
Wholemeal breads

Granary bread

Brown bread

Pitta bread

Bagel

Wholegrain cereals

High fiber breakfast cereals

Porridge oats

All bran

Wheetabix

Shredded wheat

Ryvita crispbread

Muesli

Cassava

Corn
Yam

Oatcakes

Peas

Beans

Lentils

For energy you also need simple carbs thruout the day
Apples

Blackberries

Blackcurrants

Cherry

Cranberries

Grapefruit

Kiwi

Lemon

Melon

Oranges

Peach

Pear

Plum

Raspberries

Strawberries

Grapes

Raisins

Any Q's on diet i will be glad to help

RADAR

Gotta love this bro...laid it all out in simplicity!

Solid as usual Radar!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

Well, i got rid of every piece of food in my house and did my new shopping list today. All foods i bought were in your list RADAR. Thank you very much for laying it out that simple for me. I will add skim milk back into my diet as well, I figured the dairy would make it a little harder to lose weight. But i have a caloric intake plan, with macro breakdown. A good knowledgeable experienced workout partner and am going to try and get in an extra run in the morning or afternoon at every possible chance.

And yes, hopefully tuckering myself out will help me sleep, although if my engineering books dont KO me, I am not sure what will.

Thank you very much for all your help everyone!! Today is day 1!

Wynter

Top Bottom