Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chewing and nutrition uptake

kjwise

Are there any studies on the effects of chewing your food properly before swallowing?
I have this hunch that badly chewed food causes bad
digestion and in effect degrades your nutritional performance.

What's your take on this, people?

I wouldnt worry about it. Although Ive never heard anything of the sort, what and how much you eat is more important than how much you chew, be sure of that. Maybe youre not getting enough fiber, another reason for poor digestion. I dont chew much myself, and have never had a problem.

here's my theory:

If you like the food you're eating, then chew as much as you can so you can enjoy it

If you don't like the meal you're eating, then chew as little as possible and get it into your body

Works for me :)

Chewing is the first step in digestion. It is not necessary but it speeds up the whole process. Of course the jaw is a muscle too so if you're a hard core BB you should prolly chew 8-12 reps or until failure. If you just want to 'tone' then go for 20-30 reps.

Never ever attempt a one rep chewing max without a spotter! And always use good form even if going for low reps.

Lol, well what I'm thinking is that perhaps you are hoping for the protein to get digested with that high-gi drink you drank but you forgot to chew your damn dinner so the body has to produce alot of acids down in your stomach to digest the protein but only half of it will be digested while you are in your insulin spike.

Top Bottom